Homesick for what was....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We don't get to see this side of you often. :huggy:
inorite? she usually leaves me feeling like dis...

butthurt.jpg

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Homesick for what was....

So are we. The area is not like it was before for us as well. We've watched it morph into a dystopian State. Too many people. High crime from the 13 percent. On and on. Though the natural beauty of the area is still pretty much intact, and the rivers and bay are still here to escape to and enjoy as well.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
I am blessed with a lovely home that backs to an open ranch. I see mountains, cows, coyotes, antelope and other wildlife. I can literally sit on my rear patio nude and no one would know.
I'd like to see that too.

The wildlife I mean, from the patio. :wink:

Cassandra

For your consideration ...

So are we. The area is not like it was before for us as well. We've watched it morph into a dystopian State. Too many people. High crime from the 13 percent. On and on. Though the natural beauty of the area is still pretty much intact, and the rivers and bay are still here to escape to and enjoy as well.
All of you have been very helpful. Sometimes telling ones story to strangers enables us to get the best feedback. Thank you.

Cassandra

Hi Cassandra,

Please accept my comments with the love with which they are intended.

I think what you are looking for does exist, it exists in your mind in the form of memories, and very fond ones. Memories of happy times and places that do not quite exist physically any longer, at least not quite as you remember them, but they will live forever in your mind.

If you reread your original post, I think you already know that, but just would like to hear it from someone other than yourself for a little reassurance. So follow your heart, give yourself time to grieve, and take care of your kitty.

I think you've got this.:yay:

I wish you peace.🙏
Your sweet words made me tear up. And yes to everything you wrote. I suppose the title of this thread sums up my feelings. We can't go back, but it's nice to have memories. I appreciate your kindness. Yes, I will be OK. 🙏💗😻