Horned goats v. Skins

PsyOps

Pixelated
So… I really need someone from the diehard camp to tell me why I should have any confidence in this team at all. They just got their jockstraps handed to them by the worst team in the NFL. I realize anything can happen in the NFL, but this was a complete embarrassment.

If this is going to be what their year looks like, we are looking at another victim to the Snyder failure machine. If the Skins can’t win I want them to at least get into Guinness as the team to hire and fire the most coaches in the shortest period of time.

PsyOps

Pixelated
We are doing our best to make you happy, it just wouldn't be fun for you if you couldn't piss and moan all year. :dye:

And it just wouldn't be fun for you to love watching this team suck year after year :ohwell:

You have a screwed up concept of winning.

OldHillcrestGuy

Skins will be hard pressed to win any of the next 4 games, we could be 1 and 6 by the end of October. Only easy game looks to be the next to last game against Jacksonville. Looks like another 4-12 or maybe 5-11 season. Cant be losing to these lousy teams all the time.:banghead:

Ponytail

Skins will be hard pressed to win any of the next 4 games, we could be 1 and 6 by the end of October. Only easy game looks to be the next to last game against Jacksonville. Looks like another 4-12 or maybe 5-11 season. Cant be losing to these lousy teams all the time.:banghead:

You DO know McNabbs record against Jacksonville, right?

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
So… I really need someone from the diehard camp to tell me why I should have any confidence in this team at all. They just got their jockstraps handed to them by the worst team in the NFL. I realize anything can happen in the NFL, but this was a complete embarrassment.

If this is going to be what their year looks like, we are looking at another victim to the Snyder failure machine. If the Skins can’t win I want them to at least get into Guinness as the team to hire and fire the most coaches in the shortest period of time.
All fans should have prepared for an 8-8 season at best. It's just another cycle. New coach brings in new schemes. Old players don't fit the new schemes. This all takes time. The only question is, are we as fans or is Snyder willing to wait to actually rebuild this team?

Most of this fan-base are too impatient. I lump Snyder in with that fan-base.

PsyOps

Pixelated
All fans should have prepared for an 8-8 season at best. It's just another cycle. New coach brings in new schemes. Old players don't fit the new schemes. This all takes time. The only question is, are we as fans or is Snyder willing to wait to actually rebuild this team?

Most of this fan-base are too impatient. I lump Snyder in with that fan-base.

So it’s the fans demanding new coaches every two years? :ohwell: Rebuilding? Snottie isn’t about that. The fans are getting impatient with Snottie.

BuddyLee

Football addict
So it’s the fans demanding new coaches every two years? :ohwell: Rebuilding? Snottie isn’t about that. The fans are getting impatient with Snottie.
Basically. This fan-base is spoiled with off-season gifts every year.

Anything to generate ticket sales.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Bingo...and you know I know what I'm talking about. How you like those new BIG SCREENS? :lol:

SWEET! No more binoculars to get gratuitous booty shots from the First Ladies of Football :drool:

Hey, at least I'm honest about it.:shrug:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Sally agrees.

Washington Redskins need to take a punch, and throw even more

[SIZE=-1]By Sally Jenkins
Monday, September 27, 2010; 11:56 PM
The main thing we learned from the Washington Redskins' loss to the St. Louis Rams is that it's going to take two more drafts to rebuild the team, not just one. The Redskins have now been beaten in consecutive weeks by two of the youngest teams in the league, and they've faded badly in the fourth quarter while doing it. That's not about scheme, or one or two positions on the field, or some weird curse-like malaise. It's about their inability to punch the other team in the mouth.

The Redskins are getting physically pushed around. The truest truism in the NFL is that players trump system. The problem isn't so much Jim Haslett's blitz-happy 3-4 defense, or Kyle Shanahan's offensive playbook, though both are a little too cute. The real crux is that the Redskins don't have enough core strength - and by that I mean the muscle, the hard midsection, that is the foundation of any strong structure.

They are paying for years of roster rot, the organization's refusal to build good young quality depth on the interior lines, and that problem has defeated every single coach who has come through Redskins Park. If you were wondering why Mike Shanahan's 2010 version of the team looks so much like Jim Zorn's 2009 version, there's your answer.

Quality line play isn't something that can be built overnight. There is no quick fix for it through free agency. It requires a two- to three-year commitment to draft picks, and patience while players get to know and learn to trust each other, and there is no accelerating that process. It will require a kind of patience that the franchise has not been willing to show in the last decade.
Everyone knows that when a good team has a bad Sunday, it has to be able to fight its way out of trouble physically.

Washington Redskins need to take a punch, and throw even more
[/SIZE]