Horse Tacos

devinej

are they SURE its a horse skull and not a cow skull? the hand in the pictures is covering the top front where a horse would have teeth, but a cow would not. and the way the bottom front teeth are angled, i think it could be a cow skull....

Toxick

Splat
are they SURE its a horse skull and not a cow skull? the hand in the pictures is covering the top front where a horse would have teeth, but a cow would not. and the way the bottom front teeth are angled, i think it could be a cow skull....

Who cares? Tacos is tacos, and I love me some tacos :yum:

Horse - cow - pig - chicken... whatever. Sautee a little onion and pepper to add and you got something delicious to put in a tortilla!

Danzig

Attachments

• hoursie3.jpg
    hoursie3.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 142

RPMDAD

Reminds me of the GSD in the freezer at the now defunct Chinese restaurant in Dunkirk..Great Wall, I think.

Ok cat you got me with this one i do remember that restaurant and i used to eat there, i'm just not sure what a GSD is???? I always wondered why they went out of business... I think i also remember they got robbed a couple of times. I ate there often enough that depending on what a GSD is i may have eaten it or some of it....

Cowgirl

I think it is a horse skull. I compared pictures to my cow skull. The eye sockets don't look quite big enough, the forehead isn't quite as broad, and the nasal bone of the cow skull seems longer than the horse one. The horse skull pictures aren't that great though. :shrug:

Ok cat you got me with this one i do remember that restaurant and i used to eat there, i'm just not sure what a GSD is???? I always wondered why they went out of business... I think i also remember they got robbed a couple of times. I ate there often enough that depending on what a GSD is i may have eaten it or some of it....

German Shepherd Dog :frown:

Cowgirl

yeah, even that one isn't great. but i see what you are saying about the forehead. hmmm.

I meant to post pictures before. Here's my cow skull.

Attachments

• DSC06614.JPG
    DSC06614.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC06618.JPG
    DSC06618.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC06615.JPG
    DSC06615.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have no sentimental attachment to horses - meat is meat - but the restaurant should have disclosed. Also, isn't eating or selling or something horse meat illegal in the US?

Even if it was a cow skull, though - um, eww. What kind of restaurant boils up an animal head in their kitchen? You're supposed to get your meat from the meat distributor, not process the damn thing yourself.

:twitch:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I have no sentimental attachment to horses - meat is meat - but the restaurant should have disclosed. Also, isn't eating or selling or something horse meat illegal in the US?

Even if it was a cow skull, though - um, eww. What kind of restaurant boils up an animal head in their kitchen? You're supposed to get your meat from the meat distributor, not process the damn thing yourself.

:twitch:

I *believe* that horses can be used as meat in the US only at select wholesale dealers. But there's a very limited number of those. Eating horsemeat is very common for many other countries.

Guess it may be like I crave chitlins only cause I can't find them served up here. Something you miss because you can't get it.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
hehe nice pics :p and nice camel cricket! :whistle:

I thought they were called "cave crickets."

I hate them too! We used to live in VA and the creepy things were all over the place, in the garage on the back porch. EEHHHYUCK! :cds: They can jump clear across the room in one motion. Disgusting!

Last edited:

Danzig

I *believe* that horses can be used as meat in the US only at select wholesale dealers. But there's a very limited number of those. Eating horsemeat is very common for many other countries.

Guess it may be like I crave chitlins only cause I can't find them served up here. Something you miss because you can't get it.

On May 24, 2007, the last slaughterhouse in the USA producing horsemeat for human consumption was closed by State statute. Recently there have been several state and federal regulatory initiatives in the USA intended to prevent the slaughter of horses for human consumption. On January 27, 2007, simultaneous bills were introduced in the Senate and the House to prohibit the slaughter of horses for human consumption and to ban the transport of live horses from the United States to countries where they could be slaughtered for human consumption. The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and the American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) are pursuing defeat of these amendments to the Horse Protection Act .

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
On May 24, 2007, the last slaughterhouse in the USA producing horsemeat for human consumption was closed by State statute. Recently there have been several state and federal regulatory initiatives in the USA intended to prevent the slaughter of horses for human consumption. On January 27, 2007, simultaneous bills were introduced in the Senate and the House to prohibit the slaughter of horses for human consumption and to ban the transport of live horses from the United States to countries where they could be slaughtered for human consumption. The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and the American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) are pursuing defeat of these amendments to the Horse Protection Act .

Thanks for the update. I've not really paid attention to the industry or laws regulating it in years.