Horse Tacos

Cowgirl

are they SURE its a horse skull and not a cow skull? the hand in the pictures is covering the top front where a horse would have teeth, but a cow would not. and the way the bottom front teeth are angled, i think it could be a cow skull....

Update
The store's owner told the inspector that the store offers cow head soup on the menu and that what emergency responders found boiling on the stove in the back of the store was indeed a cow head and not a horse head as first reported.

Good call! :yay:

SA475

"Mark It Zero"
Here is a finished product that I found online:

Attachments

• aroundtheworld_1133826180_img_4352.jpg
    aroundtheworld_1133826180_img_4352.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 84

devinej

HAHA I WAS RIGHT!!!!

yay me!!!

silly baynet getting everyone all riled up.

(not that cow head soup isn't gross....)

Nucklesack

On May 24, 2007, the last slaughterhouse in the USA producing horsemeat for human consumption was closed by State statute. Recently there have been several state and federal regulatory initiatives in the USA intended to prevent the slaughter of horses for human consumption. On January 27, 2007, simultaneous bills were introduced in the Senate and the House to prohibit the slaughter of horses for human consumption and to ban the transport of live horses from the United States to countries where they could be slaughtered for human consumption. The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and the American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) are pursuing defeat of these amendments to the Horse Protection Act .
:goodjob:
That just means instead of trucking the animals to closer facilities in the US, that abide by some type of regulations, they are packed into the trailers for a longer trip into Mexico, where there are no regulations.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I heard that they were having problems at some show barns down in South Florida, people coming in, killing show horses, stealing their meat, and selling it on the black market for $40/pound. That is what I heard. I don't know if it is true. With all of the toxic chemicals we put on our poor horses to keep the darn bugs off...I certainly wouldn't want to eat them. :popcorn:

devinej

good point about the bug stuff!!! not meant for horses used for human consumption.

and yes. with the current state of horse slaughter in the US, horses at auctions are not gettng sold, they are starving, being abandoned (worse than US slaughter death), or being bought to travel ALL the way to freaking Mexico where they are killed in awful ways, or all the way to Canada.

i wish they'd legalize slaughter, regulate it, and put a slaughter plant in each region of the US. there needs to be a bottom of the horse market. the rescue facilities are full. auction prices are so low you can't give a horse away, look out west at some of their auction results. pathetic.