Hot Peppers

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I could have used some habaneros today when making my hot pepper mash. It's fermenting now but only had Super Chilis, and Capsicum peppers. Made a great looking mash though...

I can still add them if we find some to add...

DEEKAYPEE8569

But it'll clear out your sinuses. :biggrin:

I know this is a hot peppers tred; but if you want to really clear your head, get hold of "Dave's Insanity Sauce." You'll have to sign a waiver (seriously).
This stuff is just fire in a bottle; no discernable flavor, just OMFG! hot; so much so, that it's painful.

Vince

I know this is a hot peppers tred; but if you want to really clear your head, get hold of "Dave's Insanity Sauce." You'll have to sign a waiver (seriously).
This stuff is just fire in a bottle; no discernable flavor, just OMFG! hot; so much so, that it's painful.
No thanks. bob was referring to horseradish. About the hottest I can stand is jalapeno hot. Habeneros I don't touch.

drivingdaisy

Something like that. :killingme

I have some past stories and hope to never tell a new one. :lmao:

I sounded like an owl.... who who who
I'm not sure why this was my natural reaction or why I thought it would be a good way to make myself feel better, but that's what happened.

drivingdaisy

I could have used some habaneros today when making my hot pepper mash. It's fermenting now but only had Super Chilis, and Capsicum peppers. Made a great looking mash though...

I can still add them if we find some to add...

I'd give you some if I still lived around there. The pepper plants in our garden always make more than we could ever do anything with.

I always wished that plants would have more of a slow release veggie and fruit system. It seems like you wait a long time for things to grow and then bam you have more than you could ever use of each veggie or fruit, but only for a small window of time.

:offtopic:....sorta

I made some "hmmm what do I have in the kitchen" pasta this weekend :lol: and it was soooo good!

I sauteed olive oil with a whole head of (pressed) garlic (not a clove, an entire head :yum:) and a finely chopped jalapeno until it was soft...I added some cilantro, salt and pepper and cooked it on low for about 5 minutes, then I turned the heat up and added chopped canadian turkey bacon and browned that until the noodles were done cooking, then I added ditalini noodles to the pan, mixed it up and OMG it was sooo good :drool:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'd give you some if I still lived around there. The pepper plants in our garden always make more than we could ever do anything with.

I always wished that plants would have more of a slow release veggie and fruit system. It seems like you wait a long time for things to grow and then bam you have more than you could ever use of each veggie or fruit, but only for a small window of time.

Here's one of three fermenting jars of Pepper Mash..

Should make for a REAL good hot sauce in a few weeks.

Attachments

• Pepper Mash(resized).JPG
    Pepper Mash(resized).JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 59

Roman

WOW, looks good! I just added some Habs to my Spaghetti Sauce. Just enough to give it a little kick. YUM!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed

I just went out and picked another large bowl of super chili peppers. Even with wearing gloves, my hands are still feeling the heat.

Vince

I just went out and picked another large bowl of super chili peppers. Even with wearing gloves, my hands are still feeling the heat.
I planted some hot chili's this year, but they just came out kinda warm. Not as hot as I would have thought. Even the jalapenos weren't real hot. :shrug:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
And what kind of peppers are in this? The stuff that makes you :hot:

Super Chilis, and Capsicum (Tabasco) peppers..

Need to find a couple of habaneros to put in one of the jars just to see the difference in the end product.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I planted some hot chili's this year, but they just came out kinda warm. Not as hot as I would have thought. Even the jalapenos weren't real hot. :shrug:

We planted Banana peppers last year NOT supposed to be hot.. but silly me planted them next to the Habaneros..

She picked one and took a big bite right off of the vine.. yeah, they were HOT!!

Vince

Super Chilis, and Capsicum (Tabasco) peppers..

Need to find a couple of habaneros to put in one of the jars just to see the difference in the end product.
Where did you find the Super Chilis? Grow them from seed or buy the plants?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Where did you find the Super Chilis? Grow them from seed or buy the plants?

Buy a couple of the plants every year, plus we had two volunteer from last year..

I BELIEVE we got them at Lowes, and bought them as plants.

Interesting that we got volunteers that produced fruit.. figured a hybrid that wouldn't happen. But now can save some seeds and try to grow myself from seed..

Vince

Buy a couple of the plants every year, plus we had two volunteer from last year..

I BELIEVE we got them at Lowes, and bought them as plants.

Interesting that we got volunteers that produced fruit.. figured a hybrid that wouldn't happen. But now can save some seeds and try to grow myself from seed..
I used to save the seeds and grow them myself when I had my seed bed. But I found it's just as cheap to find the plants either at Zimmermans or Lowes. My yellow banana peppers turned out hot. Got to make the garden bigger next year. Not enough room for everything.

No thanks. bob was referring to horseradish. About the hottest I can stand is jalapeno hot. Habeneros I don't touch.

A tad off subject, but I had some sushi last week, and it came with a batch of potent wasabi. Got some up the back of my nose, thought I was gonna die. Talk about tears.

Vince

Had one of those Chinese hot peppers once. I couldn't catch my breath. The waitress saw me and quickly brought some milk and bread.