• Sell, sell, SELL!!!

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Hold on, sloopy

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • let it go to foreclosure

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sometime soon we are going to switch out the game room with our current living room because we need more room for the pool table, shufflebowl table, dart board and pub tables. Once the switch is done, I want to paint the "new" living room this AWESOME shade called Yukon Gold. I believe it would be cozy, and warm and would transition nicely from the dark olive green dining room! Hubby is dead set against that color. :ohwell:

Oh! I think I'll go to the "Ask Vrai" thread to seek her advice...:starcat:!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I just painted my master bedroom a beautiful shade called "Blue Illusion". It is a really pale soft blue that has a metallic finish to it. It's gorgeous. But because of the complexity of the finish, it required four coats of paint, all applied in a specific direction.

It's gorgeous, but I realize now that I freakin' hate painting. Truly.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I believe if you're trying to rent/sell you should welcome potentials with calming colors, not something that will stop traffic. Lighter colors make a home feel bigger, thus people will think they're getting a larger home. Darker colors are just dreary and morbid.

I just painted my master bedroom a beautiful shade called "Blue Illusion". It is a really pale soft blue that has a metallic finish to it. It's gorgeous. But because of the complexity of the finish, it required four coats of paint, all applied in a specific direction.

Me and my sis painted her master bedroom with that paint as well! Her accent wall was metallic gold while the rest of it was that shimmery Japanese Red Silk! It turned out very unique and awesome but was a MAJOR pain to paint!

We may have used your blue to do her accent wall in her living room. I love that shade!

sanchezf

Little ol' Me

Do you have pictures? I was looking at these the other day and wondering what they would actually look like.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Me and my sis painted her master bedroom with that paint as well! Her accent wall was metallic gold while the rest of it was that shimmery Japanese Red Silk! It turned out very unique and awesome but was a MAJOR pain to paint!

We may have used your blue to do her accent wall in her living room. I love that shade!
:huggy: Since you have some experience with that kind of paint, I'm sure that I can count on you to paint my master bathroom, huh?

I'm thinking a khaki or a pale camel color would be quite nice, and match very pleasingly with the blue from the neighboring bedroom. :yay:

Currently the master bath is a Tuscan yellow/orange. My. Least. Favorite. Color. Ever.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Do you have pictures? I was looking at these the other day and wondering what they would actually look like.
I'll see if I can snap some photos tonight and post for you. I got the paint at Lowe's. It's Valspar's "Brilliant Metals" collection. Beautiful, but it does take a great deal of effort -and a lot of frustration- to get the desired look.

I'll see if I can snap some photos tonight and post for you. I got the paint at Lowe's. It's Valspar's "Brilliant Metals" collection. Beautiful, but it does take a great deal of effort -and a lot of frustration- to get the desired look.
Yep. That is exactly the line of paint we used. I found the blending of the trim to be the most difficult. You also have to be careful with your strokes because mismatched angles and uneven application show up big time when the light hits the wall just right... not a task for the faint of heart...:dead:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Awesome, Thank you
Those are the exact ones I was looking at, at lowes.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
We have 16 different paint colors in our house.:dead: Thankfully most of them are the original colors that someone else painted after the build. I dread the day my wife says, "We should paint the _________ room." Which actually translates to, "You will paint the _________ room.":ohwell:

Wow they really do have a metallic finish.
Yep. And it is a 4 coat job and you need special rollers.

Picture the door jam in dark walnut and a dark walnut head board and end table and you'd get a better feel for the look of the room... also, her room is HUGE... the area where the bed is is the smallest wall as you enter the grand room. So the leaf gold wall is not as overwhelming as it seems in that picture.

This is the Yukon gold I want to do in my living room once we do the switch... I usually don't like yellow at all but I ended up loving this color when we used it in my sister's guest bedroom!

Attachments

• yukongold.jpg
    yukongold.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 146

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No matter what color it is, they're going to repaint anyway so what seems to be the problem?

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
We have been in our house for 5 years and just now painted two of the bedrooms which were pea green and barney purple. Now they are pale blue, and off-white. The dining room was a DARK blue..that got painted the day we moved into the house. It was HIDEOUS.

We still have two more bedrooms to paint(IE hubby paint), two bathrooms, and the hallway. I use accents in the plain colored rooms. Bright curtains, and other stuff.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No matter what color it is, they're going to repaint anyway so what seems to be the problem?

See, that is one of those ####ed up things where you and I think one way and the rest of the known universe says that buyers simply want that certain look they read in a magazine that it is supposed to be never mind they are going to, in fact, ####ing change it when they move in anyway.

EVERYONE has told me this would be a problem. "All one color, neutral or all will be lost"

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

I would love to see a pic..it sounds really neat..but also sounds like SO would get frustrated...

he likes white. He doesn't yet realize how much I love color..and how much he's gonna have to paint:evil:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
See, that is one of those ####ed up things where you and I think one way and the rest of the known universe says that buyers simply want that certain look they read in a magazine that it is supposed to be never mind they are going to, in fact, ####ing change it when they move in anyway.

EVERYONE has told me this would be a problem. "All one color, neutral or all will be lost"

I'm lookin at houses..and could care less what the color is. Unless it's blacka nd I see myself painting 39844875 coats of primer..other than that..im changing it anyway.