• Sell, sell, SELL!!!

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Hold on, sloopy

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • let it go to foreclosure

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
EVERYONE has told me this would be a problem. "All one color, neutral or all will be lost"
Each and EVERY episode of "Sell this House" I've watched show the prospective buyers being turned off by the current owners "sense of style".

When the designer dude "stages" by neutralizing the walls and leaving ONLY the furniture and items that make each room look like a magazine, ONLY THEN do the prospective buyers walk the rooms and picture their stuff in the home.

That is the key, Larry. Personalized homes only work with the stuff currently there... other stuff brought in will rarely fit the picture.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm lookin at houses..and could care less what the color is. Unless it's blacka nd I see myself painting 39844875 coats of primer..other than that..im changing it anyway.

Exactly. You and I must be the only women in the world who disregard paint and other crap that is easily changed to suit. Hell, I've painted practically every room in my house to get rid of the pastel color scheme the previous owner had going on. It didn't deter me from buying the house one little bit.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Exactly. You and I must be the only women in the world who disregard paint and other crap that is easily changed to suit. Hell, I've painted practically every room in my house to get rid of the pastel color scheme the previous owner had going on. It didn't deter me from buying the house one little bit.

maybe because I am looking at bottom of the heap houses:killingme I ignore flooring, colors, cabinets...just about anything I can ignore if the walls, foundation and roof are good :lmao:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
maybe because I am looking at bottom of the heap houses:killingme I ignore flooring, colors, cabinets...just about anything I can ignore if the walls, foundation and roof are good :lmao:

Our first place was a rental that had been abandoned then ended up being the neighborhood party/trash house. The wife and I walked in while repairs were underway and after about 10 minutes said, "This is the one."

I can understand Larry's dilemma though people come in and decide they need to point out the things they do not like about the sellers style, paint choices etc. instead of thinking about making small changes to make the house they are looking at their HOME. Yeah I watch HGTV a lot too, but ionly because she makes me!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Quoted for future reference... I have an 18 foot (h) wall that may need paint soon.:whistle:
And we have a 22 foot high up series of micro-spot lights that needs replaced. Anyone want to volunteer? An extension ladder won't cut it. Either scaffolding or a 22 foot "A-frame" ladder would work. :yay:

:i'maskeeredofheights:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
And we have a 22 foot high up series of micro-spot lights that needs replaced. Anyone want to volunteer? An extension ladder won't cut it. Either scaffolding or a 22 foot "A-frame" ladder would work. :yay:

:i'maskeeredofheights:

Have Bob stand on Larry's shoulders?:shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I, Kom, have always painted myself. Even when Larry and I lived together, I did the painting, not him.

:diva:

LIES!!!! Vicious, ugly, lies!!!!! What rung were you willing to climb up in the 2 story foyer??? Two.

Who got tennis elbow from paiting the basment pewa soup green and vomit yellow? Not you.

Who helped with the 16th coat of that red in the dining room?

:tap:

While it is 100% accurate to say YOU were the driving force behind any all paint projects, it is a grossly innaccurate and unfair statement to not give me credit for the 5% I did.

:diva:

Get big rolls of plastic, cover everything in the room and start spraying. Lovely boring shads of beige everywhere.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
I can honestly say that if anything needs sanding, finishing or painting, I do it ALL. I'm in the process of repainting the whole house main areas a lovely dark cream with light cream trim and ceiling. Ah, beige-on-beige. However I may just have to hire someone to finish it because my working arm shoulder is completely shot.

I love color too, but need to get ready for the market.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I'll see if I can snap some photos tonight and post for you. I got the paint at Lowe's. It's Valspar's "Brilliant Metals" collection. Beautiful, but it does take a great deal of effort -and a lot of frustration- to get the desired look.

That's the paint brand I used for the rooms in my basement. The Guest Room's color is "Metallic Bronze" and the Family room's color is "Granite Green". The family room's paint had gold crystals package mixed in the paint to have gold "sparkling" on the walls. It's one of our favoritest rooms in the house.

Attachments

• Guest Room.jpg
    Guest Room.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 152
  • family room.jpg
    family room.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
That's the paint brand I used for the rooms in my basement. The Guest Room's color is "Metallic Bronze" and the Family room's color is "Granite Green". The family room's paint had gold crystals package mixed in the paint to have gold "sparkling" on the walls. It's one of our favoritest rooms in the house.
Thank you

Did the crystals come out looking nice not ghetto. I saw that in lowes too and was wondering how that would come out. Very noticeable? Just a hint?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
While it is 100% accurate to say YOU were the driving force behind any all paint projects, it is a grossly innaccurate and unfair statement to not give me credit for the 5% I did.

Okay, you can have credit for your 5% of the work. :yay:

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Thank you

Did the crystals come out looking nice not ghetto. I saw that in lowes too and was wondering how that would come out. Very noticeable? Just a hint?

Yes, looking very nice. It's not very noticeable unless you want to take a closer look at the walls and touch it. It is just a little hint of crystals. One small pack of crystal is good enough for one gallon of paint. We bought 12 gallons of paint and 12 packs of crystals to paint entire family room and hallway.

Everyone that comes to my house loves the family room, guest room, downstairs bathroom, and kids' bedrooms. I had my house CMA (Current Market Appraisal Estimate) and appraised done last year, and the Real Estates Realtor and the appraisal guys both loves it! They gave me suggestion to paint my upper level just like my downstairs level. That's our plan to redo the upper level. I haven't pick a color yet... I'm trying to think of a "theme" for the living room. I've already decided my bedroom and the kitchen "themes", and just need color to pick to paint. :lol:

bohman

See, that is one of those ####ed up things where you and I think one way and the rest of the known universe says that buyers simply want that certain look they read in a magazine that it is supposed to be never mind they are going to, in fact, ####ing change it when they move in anyway.

EVERYONE has told me this would be a problem. "All one color, neutral or all will be lost"

I'm lookin at houses..and could care less what the color is. Unless it's blacka nd I see myself painting 39844875 coats of primer..other than that..im changing it anyway.

You two need to stop applying common sense to this situation. Once you stop using common sense, you'll be able to get in line with the rest of the herd. :yay:

Sadly, we're in the same boat, Larry. Have already dropped the price as low as it can go without putting us in the hole for what we owe on it, and will begin renting next month.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I'll see if I can snap some photos tonight and post for you. I got the paint at Lowe's. It's Valspar's "Brilliant Metals" collection. Beautiful, but it does take a great deal of effort -and a lot of frustration- to get the desired look.

i was looking around at paint and was wondering what this would look like as an accent wall? noticable enough to differenciate between that and say, another wall with the same color?

I am desperately not trying to count my chickens before they have hatched...but I am obsessed with decorating... My sickness is terrible..ever seen wall stickers? My new thing.