How about...'thank you, soldier?'

oldman

Lobster Land
Larry Gude said:

Larry, you've got got to accept the fact these are fanatics, live inside their own circle and have no regard for anyone that doesn't fit into their world. Killing one of their members doesn't effect their beliefs nor does who saved the rest. I'm sorry, I just don't have any respect for fanatics of any type. All of our minds are not wired the same but I just can't comprehend how anyone/any group can be so different. I'm wondering if they'll be sending another group to Iraq now though and am willing to take bets they don't. They may be ignorant but I really don't like to believe they are outright stupid.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
"We believe that the illegal occupation of Iraq by Multinational Forces is the root cause of the insecurity which led to this kidnapping and so much pain and suffering in Iraq.
Yeah, right. I’m sure it had not a thing to do with western looking foreigners bringing their religious beliefs into a mostly Muslim region. I wonder, where were they before the war started and what were they doing to enhance lives in Iraq before Hussein’s government was toppled?

kingofbeers8

Those people would have been killed had they not been found, the killed the american out of principle. Though the same people they went to help would slice the throats of them in a heartbeat. They were alive because they were being used for leverage. Hopefully the liberals will see the muslims here in Iraq and the surrounding counrties for what they really are. They have 1 agenda and that is to kill all who are not praying to allah. The port a john wall in camp stryker said it best, "dear allah, please save me from you crazy f#$@ing followers" These people are going to kill over religious beliefs until someone makes a parking lot out of this dump. God Bless Our Troops for doing what they do so the liberals can sit home and play with themselves

“Our hearts are filled with joy today as we heard that Harmeet Singh Sooden, Jim Loney and Norman Kember have been safely released in Baghdad. Christian Peacemaker Teams rejoices with their families and friends at the expectation of their return to their loved ones and community.
This idiot totally doesn't get it. Their loved ones were not "released", they were "FREED" by some of those brave soldiers who are part of the "illegal multinational occupational forces". I say we give the prisoners back to the oh so innocent "freedom fighters" and hope they act in the way that we have become accustomed ("off with the infidels' heads!").

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Point taken, BUT...

oldman said:
Larry, you've got got to accept the fact these are fanatics, live inside their own circle and have no regard for anyone that doesn't fit into their world. Killing one of their members doesn't effect their beliefs nor does who saved the rest. I'm sorry, I just don't have any respect for fanatics of any type. All of our minds are not wired the same but I just can't comprehend how anyone/any group can be so different. I'm wondering if they'll be sending another group to Iraq now though and am willing to take bets they don't. They may be ignorant but I really don't like to believe they are outright stupid.

...isn't that the UNIVERSAL question, what makes each of us tic in our own way?

This statement, as I understand it, was released by the group safe at home back in Canadia, not by the actual three people freed, so, the politics of their organization are front and center.

And therein belies the false position they hold; if they were true to their ideas they would ALL be over there, right now, walking around without fear of danger, in fact, hoping to be kidnapped to draw attention.

But, like suicide bombers, the only ones true to the principle, death is fine as it serves the cause, are the most fanataical and most idiotic. The great rest, the majority, much to their discredit, are simply like the rest of us for the most part; seeking ways to LIVE their live as they see fit.

But the big difference is that these people are happy to use others lives as pawns in their chess game.

Suicide bombers and peace activists; two sides of the same coin.

Hessian

Hmmm...

Let's dig a little deeper here.
Imagine the pacifist priest walking out of the village to meet the approaching vikings...
Picture Jeremy irons walking out to meet the slavers intent on destroying the village & enslaving the natives in the movie The Mission.

If one believes that their life means nothing except to be a vessel of God's peace---then anything that brings any form of violence is wrong. "Vengeance is mine saith the Lord, I will repay!"
So...in a devout way, trusting totally in God's hand to protect-they believe that God will use them in whatever capacity HE wants...even if it means their deaths.

OK...I may understand that mindset,...but I do not totally agree with it.
Where were they when Saddam was bombing Kurd villages with gas?
Where were they when Shiite's were being massacred after the first Gulf War?
Did they rush to Ruwanda when the 600,000 were being butchered to stand in the way of the machetee's?
NO...the went to Iraq after peace had been restored, and the regime was toppled...and patrols are doing their job...and they condemn the peace makers.
ahem....BLESSED are the peacemakers...
Their efforts would be more Biblical and faith based if they were helping in a health clinic, aid station, distributing food etc. I don't care if they are pacifists-just be on the right side of those who are KEEPING the peace.
If not, they're idiots.