Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Can take 'em of leave 'em

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Since we have a handful of cultural infidels who don't like the Beatles and/or Elvis (freakin' Al Qaeda terrorists), what say you about the Beach Boys? (Or, as my ex used to call them, The Beach Old Men :lol:)

I love the Beach Boys and think they are geniuses.

craberta

:howdy: I have all the cd's of all the groups mentioned above. I just got the beach boys, motorhead, and abba. I am going to get mamas and pappas, texas tornadoes, the turtles, the oakridge boys, and early kenny rogers.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
The Beach Boys make me want to put the rough end of a dull stick through my ears and twist really hard. The pain would be about equal to me listening to their songs. I can't stand 'em.

Otter

Nothing to see here
The Beach Boys make me want to put the rough end of a dull stick through my ears and twist really hard. The pain would be about equal to me listening to their songs. I can't stand 'em.

:barrymanilowlover::burning:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Tell us something we didn't already know.:whistle:

Must be the Miller Lite talking...:lol:

I'm just not a big fan of Elvis and The Beatles.:shrug: I DO respect their contributions to music as a whole, but for me to sit and listen, I'd rather not.

I was going to put a similar thread as this on here but my question would be along the lines of:
Which group harmonizes the best?
-The Beach Boys
-Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young
-The Eagles

(I don't have enough knowledge to put a bunch of Doo-Wop groups on the list.)

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Given the choice to listen to The Beach Boys, Elvis, or the The Beatles, I would choose them in that order. Nothing says summer like listening to The Beach Boys. :smile:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Given the choice to listen to The Beach Boys, Elvis, or the The Beatles, I would choose them in that order. Nothing says summer like listening to The Beach Boys. :smile:

The Beatles changed so much over their 7 or 8 years..First few years were pop and I didn't care that much for them. Beach Boys were summer for a time, but nothing about their music does anything for me now. Elvis was all 1 minute 30 second songs, great performer in his time but that wasn't my time. I would have go with the later Beatles, then Beach Boys, then Elvis. And Kom mentioned CSNY, right now I would put them at the top of old groups I like to listen to.

craberta

The Beatles changed so much over their 7 or 8 years..First few years were pop and I didn't care that much for them. Beach Boys were summer for a time, but nothing about their music does anything for me now. Elvis was all 1 minute 30 second songs, great performer in his time but that wasn't my time. I would have go with the later Beatles, then Beach Boys, then Elvis. And Kom mentioned CSNY, right now I would put them at the top of old groups I like to listen to.

I tried to do the twist to lucy in the sky, it was hard to do. Elvis was disgusted by use of illegal drugs , back then prescribed drugs were not a bad thing. I think he was upset at how much the younger fans went Beatlenuts.