How did you spend your MNLK day?

This_person

Most of you presumably had the day off...did you:

1. volunteer at a local soup kitchen, homeless shelter or church activity designed to help those in need?

2. Did you mentor a young person?

3. Did you take time to reflect on the endearing promise this country strives to be?

4. Did you spend your third day in a row playing golf?

If you were an incompetent President of the United States in the midst of a(nother) self inflicted political storm swirling around your latest ignorant and racially motivated comments, obviously you played golf!!

since you ended with what Trump did, I presume (don't really know, didn't ask), do you KNOW he was not involved in 1, 2, or 3? I'm just curious, because your post implies an intimate knowledge of his full day.

Now, I presume most presidents don't go out to soup kitchens unless they are looking for a photo op, which this president doesn't seem to do much of at all.

Now, I remember when Obama went to a soup kitchen in 2010 for a few minutes to get his photo taken, but that's not really a normal thing for them ("that" being helping others through charity or volunteer work).

I do remember watching Trump sign a proclamation for MLK day, though. Here he is, praising MLK on MLK day

[video=youtube;jCRK5vy47v8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCRK5vy47v8[/video]

BOP

1. volunteer at a local soup kitchen, homeless shelter or church activity designed to help those in need?

3. Did you take time to reflect on the endearing promise this country strives to be?

If you were an incompetent President of the United States in the midst of a(nother) self inflicted political storm swirling around your latest ignorant and racially motivated comments, obviously you played golf!!

I watched the uncut version of "Blazing Saddles". What did you do?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

How did you spend your MNLK day?

Actually, I was thinking of all the white people that supported, fought and died to end the suffering of the black race. Just as King himself said, "The majority of white Americans consider themselves sincerely committed to justice for the Negro. They believe that American society is essentially hospitable to fair play and to steady growth toward a middle-class Utopia embodying racial harmony." I also thought about the brutal murders of white freedom riders such as Andrew Goodman, Viola Liuzzio, Michael Schwerner, who lost their lives supporting King's freedom marches, as well as Lyndon Johnson who pushed the 1964 Civil Rights Act and 1965 Voting Rights Acts through Congress. That there are many other far more important individuals more worthy to have a national holiday named after them that contributed far more to society than MLK. That the liberal press of the time gave him more press coverage then he deserved to further an agenda and narrative that at times disparaged the United States, just as it does today. So what did he really do? Gave a lot of speeches. He was not the only person that espoused peace and equality among the races. He was just unfortunate to become a martyr.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Interesting that you chose to lead with racist assumptions about black people - that they are homeless, in need of a soup kitchen, and need mentoring.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Interesting that you chose to lead with racist assumptions about black people - that they are homeless, in need of a soup kitchen, and need mentoring.

Transgender can't help treating them as inferior.

Its ingrained in his political DNA.

Starman

I didn’t see him mention the word “black” anywhere in the comments. So have your racist ASSumptions right back atchya.

:coffee:

warneckutz

Looks like you spent it crying and whining - just another day for ya.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That doesn;t mean white peopel aren't allowed to go to soup kitchens, or aren't homeless, or aren't in need of mentoring....does it?

Let's start over:

Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday

Got that part?

Okay, then why would anyone specifically feed the homeless or mentor a child on that day over any other day?

Chris0nllyn

why would anyone specifically feed the homeless or mentor a child on that day over any other day?

Because they were off work?

Perhaps you could point to where, in the OP, it was suggested that people should volunteer on MLK Day and no other day.

MiddleGround

What does the "N" stand for in "MNLK Day?"

As for the volunteering, I believe that more people do so, by far, on Thanksgiving and Christmas than on MLK day so either discussion/fight is moot!

luvmygdaughters

I worked, which means I paid taxes, which means I did help a soup kitchen, help shelter and clothe the poor, not too sure about the mentoring. We didnt have "mentors" when I was a kid.

luvmygdaughters

I worked, which means I paid taxes, which means I did help a soup kitchen, help shelter and clothe the poor, not too sure about the mentoring. We didnt have "mentors" when I was a kid.

Oops, almost forgot, it was also my oldest daughters birthday, so I took her and my two granddaughters to dinner. Gave some advise to my oldest granddaughter about driving in snow...does that count as mentoring??

Chris0nllyn

Stop it. It was pretty clear what Trans was getting at and your feigned ignorance is silly.

You want me to stop, but it's okay for you to ask a loaded question like why only black people need help on MLK day?

You don't want ignorant questions being asked, stop asking them.

It's clear that Trans assumed people were off work due to the holiday (hint: MLK day) and asked what they did. You asked why peopel would volunteer on MLK day, when it's clear the reason is because they're off work due to the holiday. I thought it was pretty clear.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You want me to stop, but it's okay for you to ask a loaded question like why only black people need help on MLK day?

You don't want ignorant questions being asked, stop asking them.

It's clear that Trans assumed people were off work due to the holiday (hint: MLK day) and asked what they did. You asked why peopel would volunteer on MLK day, when it's clear the reason is because they're off work due to the holiday. I thought it was pretty clear.

Well, then you're as retarded as Trans is.