How Do You Like Me Now

Hank

my war
For Kirk, the question boils down to whether or not you wanna start over again. You have to pay quarterbacks and they should have last year. Now, they have to pay even more or start over. The guy doesn't get hurt and is good, damn good. With a top 5 defense, I think he's more than good enough.

Well, he definitely has a bad taste in his mouth due to how they have handled his situation. Junkies made a good point as far as his attitude for his future... it has been a "not in my hands" response and not more of a "I wanna be here" response.

I agree he is a good QB and good luck finding another. Not sure who will be a free agent or available after the season.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Hank, I'd have to disagree with you on Hopkins, but he will be gone because that is the Danny way. Case in point, Mason Crosby (GB) had a rough patch a couple seasons ago but the Packers stood by him and he got his head straight and he is as good now as he was in years prior. Things started going downhill for Hopkins after the Bengals debacle in London. Couple that with the fact that your "ground game" can't give you the hard yards on 3rd and short with an arena football QB coach looking for record book validation, places his kicker with 57 yard FG tries on that cow pasture they call a football field.

That being said, I will volunteer to drive the getaway car if anybody wants to kidnap Justin Tucker.

Hank

my war
Skins red zone offense went from number 11 last year in the league to 29 this year... That could be an issue.

Chris0nllyn

Cousins! How do you like it now? Your buddy Norman did no favors with his two personal fouls, and if Beckham had not been taken out in the 3rd, I'm sure old Norm would have had at least one more 15 yarder flag.

The Foreskins are right where they belong with my Bucs - clearing their lockers out.

Patriots!!!!!!

Bucs needed to win out, which would have been a 8 game win streak. Not impossible, but hard to do when you have the most players on IR in the league. They were hurt bad by injuries, especially on offense late in the year.

How about that defense though? They showed flashes of being great multiple times this year (forgetting what they looked like early on :lol:). Hopefully Mike Smith doesn't end up moving to a head coaching gig next year.

Chris0nllyn

Well, he definitely has a bad taste in his mouth due to how they have handled his situation. Junkies made a good point as far as his attitude for his future... it has been a "not in my hands" response and not more of a "I wanna be here" response.

I agree he is a good QB and good luck finding another. Not sure who will be a free agent or available after the season.

I think Mike Glennon (QB2 for the Bucs) may be an option. Maybe not for the Skins, but for someone looking for a multi-year QB with limited starts and good stats when he did.

I always liked the guy and hope he gets the chance to be QB1 somewhere.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Garcon and/or Jackson are gone next year. They need to draft starters, guys who will start 16 games for you.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Garcon and/or Jackson are gone next year. They need to draft starters, guys who will start 16 games for you.
Garcon isn't going anywhere, I don't expect DJax to be on roster next season especially if Josh Doctson gets his foot issues squared away. Garcon as the possession/3rd down receiver, Crowder, Doctson and Grant/Harris as the outside guys. Do we have a stand out WR1 w/o Jackson? Probably not depending on Crowder's growth during OTAs and pre season.

Hank

my war

Yup. They will both be gone...

Unfortunate that they can't utilize Garcon a little more. He seems like the most consistent WR they have...

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The First Victims: Redskins reportedly letting go of Joe Barry and entire defensive staff ]

I'd love to know how this crap actually goes.

The people he has to play defense less injuries, including Jr Gallette, out two years in a row, a guy who was supposed to be that big time play maker, is, at best, at BEST 8-8. This defense coached by Bilichick or Wade Phillips or Bill Parcells or you name it, is an 8-8 defense. At best. He lost Hall. He lost a couple other DB's. He lost linebackers.

What's the point of starting over? Never liked him to begin with? Dude got pissed for being held responsible for lack of talent?

Grumpy

The First Victims: Redskins reportedly letting go of Joe Barry and entire defensive staff

Good move, the defense's overall physical talent is not all that, but a good coach could have done much more than what Barry did.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Good move, the defense's overall physical talent is not all that, but a good coach could have done much more than what Barry did.

How? When your guys get blown off the line by any good O line, how do you coach around that? When you never even get to put Gillette on the field? All the other injuries? When management saddles you with a prima dona CB as THE big addition?

Grumpy

I would enjoy some elaboration, however.

It's just my opinion from watching football, the skins defense of the last couple years always seem a tick late on reacting to anything on the field and I believe that is a coaching fault. To me, its as simple as that.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's just my opinion from watching football, the skins defense of the last couple years always seem a tick late on reacting to anything on the field and I believe that is a coaching fault. To me, its as simple as that.

Fair enough. So, this group plays in NE this past season, the Pat's are still 14-2?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not 14-2 but at least 10-6..NE always has a lot of no-names on defense but always seems to get the job done.

So, 4 games worse with our guys. Would you say we'd be 4 games better if we had theirs? You're not saying NE would be able to do the same with their guys or ours, that this group is 4 games worse, talent wise, right?

I'm not fan nor foe of Barry. I just respect your opinion on all things Skins and I do agree we always seem to be a step behind but when a talented D team like the Panthers comes in and just physically stone walls our offense, I've been hanging my hat on us simply not having the horses. In the mean time, had Kirk been sharp, we'd be playing this weekend and that ain't all bad. And this D did keep some games pretty close.

Grumpy

So, 4 games worse with our guys. Would you say we'd be 4 games better if we had theirs? You're not saying NE would be able to do the same with their guys or ours, that this group is 4 games worse, talent wise, right?
Just saying that NE coaches would have coached em up better. No clue what Barry would have done with NE's guys.

I'm not fan nor foe of Barry.
No different than I, would have liked to have seen him successful.
talented D team like the Panthers comes in and just physically stone walls our offense,
Carolina really laid an egg this year, on defense their front 7 are so damn physical and fast, really covers up a so-so D backfield (Norman (minus his stupidity) surprised me on his skills, thought he was a beneficiary of playing behind that front 7)
I've been hanging my hat on us simply not having the horses. In the mean time, had Kirk been sharp, we'd be playing this weekend and that ain't all bad. And this D did keep some games pretty close.
We don't have the horses, but thought they could have been better. a healthy Galette might have helped. Kirk could have been sharp had the O line blocked, there were 2 or 3 sacks where he didn't have a prayer; and that was the first time this year I had seen that. I don't have a problem getting eliminated rather than being 1st round fodder.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Doc Walker said something to the effect that it appeared the team was playing like they wanted to clean out their lockers tomorrow. In a game where you control your own destiny they didn't step up their game and even regressed. I think they had less than 100 yards offense in the first half.

Kirk put up some good numbers, 3rd in the league in yards if I'm not mistaken. Red zone efficiency is what hurt them in many of the close games.