How many of you are sexist?

steppinthrax

Women generally also have 'less time on the JOB' because they take absences for birthing children and such

:yay:

suddenly new clothes, hair / nail salon trips .... kids have the same old clothes

Well more and more women are going to college and getting FT jobs. But many of these same woman take a "back seat" position. Meaning they get a degree capable of earning a high income, yet they "marry up". They continue to maintain that "back seat" role with out really working on their career. When the day comes to divorce, their job experience is not "high".

steppinthrax

Sounds like some should have gone after custody of their children and hired attorneys that were better at negotiating support.
And certainly the ex is entitled to nights out, bar hopping with her friends, getting her nails done, to buy new clothes, pick what she wants to buy at the grocery store and so on. If you want to cry that she's not taking care of the children in your correct manner, take her a$$ back to court and if you are proven correct you will get custody of them.

Men are at a disadvantage. I've talked to several male attorneys (good one's) that told me "point-blank". "You will never get your kids".

Some, will not take my case as soon as I argue that I want my kids. Because they know all things considered equal (no criminal records etc), women will always get the kids. But in the end of the day, it dosen't work out good for them...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Men are at a disadvantage. I've talked to several male attorneys (good one's) that told me "point-blank". "You will never get your kids".

Some, will not take my case as soon as I argue that I want my kids. Because they know all things considered equal (no criminal records etc), women will always get the kids. But in the end of the day, it dosen't work out good for them...

Are you getting divorced?

MiddleGround

The whole divorce and marriage system in this country is ####ed beyond belief. It's easy to get married and hard to divorce. During a divorce women are most likely to obtain full custody of their kids, fully alimony and full child support. There is no "audit" of what they spend their CP on, then they complain that they can't find jobs because they have to take care of the kids. The courts tend to side with the females in terms of child custody because there is still a long held belief that women make better mothers. Then these same women complain that fathers (generally) don't' like to involve themselves in the family. Don't get me started on alimony!!!! Studies have shown ultimately that women end up having more financial problems after a divorce v.s. those men that they divorced, even when you consider all the money they must pay their ex's. Women shoot themselves in their own foot.

I have always been in favor of a CP audit. An initial audit to determine the need upon divorce and anytime an increase is requested. It makes sense actually. A guy I know is paying over $1K per month for his 1 child.(not including school and recreational fees) I damn well know the mother cannot be spending that much on clothing, food, and housing just for the one child.

steppinthrax

I have always been in favor of a CP audit. An initial audit to determine the need upon divorce and anytime an increase is requested. It makes sense actually. A guy I know is paying over $1K per month for his 1 child.(not including school and recreational fees) I damn well know the mother cannot be spending that much on clothing, food, and housing just for the one child.

This is simple, you issue a "card" to the mothers. The men pay an entity v.s. the mother directly. When she tries to swipe that card at the liquor store or the salon, it's declined.

black dog

Free America

I find that completely BS, my father got full custody of my older sister and myself, and I had custody and parental rights of my son until I gave them to his mother when I decided to move back to Indiana. Master Harris in St Mary's Co had zero issues with me having full custody. My son and I lived in the same house, same school bus, same friends, I worked at home..
There are no worthy schools here in Indiana to send my son to.
If the parent that has custody gets a lifestyle money audit so should the other parent to make sure they are paying there fair share..
I find it sad and funny that so many men complain about the ex and her spending habits but see their kid or kids one weekend a month..

black dog

Free America

What do you think it costs to raise a child in Maryland?
I paid 838.00 plus clothing, school & JROTC fees, his vision, health and dental, including 6,000 in Ortho, almost all fun money, it's called being a parent..

black dog

Free America
This is simple, you issue a "card" to the mothers. The men pay an entity v.s. the mother directly. When she tries to swipe that card at the liquor store or the salon, it's declined.

Would the man have to do the same?
The money goes in the checking account of the parent that has custody.. that parent that has custody is certainly entitled to go to the liquor store and buy what she wants.
Like I said above, it's always the man that doesn't have custody that complains about what the responsible parent does with THERE money..
If you don't like what she does with the money, go and get custody.... And then she can write you a check..

Toxick

Splat
Who here wouldn’t allow their wife to watch Game of Thrones? When I was in middle school a couple decades ago I knew a girl who was only allowed to watch G rated movies.

If you approve of that then that is some Muslim muzzie type #### right there!

Valkyries not Barbies!

I guess I'm kind of sexist. On account'a I demand to be on top.

Unless I put a pig mask on her and make her get down on all fours and I put my hand in the back of her head and push her face into the pillow while she shouts "harder daddy".
In that case I don't need to be on top.

Oh - and I insist on being the one to pick the safe word.

MiddleGround

What do you think it costs to raise a child in Maryland?
I paid 838.00 plus clothing, school & JROTC fees, his vision, health and dental, including 6,000 in Ortho, almost all fun money, it's called being a parent..

Friend pays $1075 plus school, full health benefits. No braces yet. And is not the custodial parent.

How much did your ex contribute to CS? If you paid $838 AND you were getting full allotted support from the non-custodial parent AND you were paying all those extras, then you must have had a high maint kid!

black dog

Free America

Oh and I forgot the most important part,,, Those attorneys that said men don't get a fair shake. My response is I represented myself with my second divorce, and I got custody.
Maybe those attorneys should ask for there law school money back. Because a kid with a HS diploma didn't have any problems getting custody..

MiddleGround

Would the man have to do the same?

Why not?

The money goes in the checking account of the parent that has custody.. that parent that has custody is certainly entitled to go to the liquor store and buy what she wants.

The "money" is supposed to be used to cover the needs of the child. Does the child need liquor?

Like I said above, it's always the man that doesn't have custody that complains about what the responsible parent does with THERE money. If you don't like what she does with the money, go and get custody.... And then she can write you a check..

I think by "responsible" you actually meant to say 'custodial' however, the point I think steppinthrax is trying to make is that the system is largely biased towards the mother. It doesn't mean that the father has no rights.

black dog

Free America
Friend pays $1075 plus school, full health benefits. No braces yet. And is not the custodial parent.

How much did your ex contribute to CS? If you paid $838 AND you were getting full allotted support from the non-custodial parent AND you were paying all those extras, then you must have had a high maint kid!

It's done mathmaticly for basic CS, his income vers her income, how many days child is with each and so one.
I never had any issues on what I was asked to pay and all the extras I willingly paid for.
He's my son,, he's not high rent he got his first job at 14.
That's part of being a responsible parent.. If someone thinks that you can put a roof over ,feed a teenager,buy clothes, do health care, school costs, and everything involved in raising a child that half is less than a grand a month is kidding themselves.
Just what do you think it costs to buy or rent a two or three bedroom home in a safe community in Southern Maryland?
Child support is just one piece of raising a child...

black dog

Free America
Why not?

The "money" is supposed to be used to cover the needs of the child. Does the child need liquor?

I think by "responsible" you actually meant to say 'custodial' however, the point I think steppinthrax is trying to make is that the system is largely biased towards the mother. It doesn't mean that the father has no rights.

The money.... It's gets old that so many men cry about what the ex spends money on..
If someone doesn't like what he thinks she should and shouldn't do with what's in her checking account he should document it. And if she's not taking care of the children he will get custody..
And again, if she is doing her job as a parent, what businesses is it of his what she does with her money?
Not only is she raising said children she is entitled to have a life also.