How many of you are sexist?

MiddleGround

It's done mathmaticly for basic CS, his income vers her income, how many days child is with each and so one.

WRONG! According to MD law, CS is calculated based on income period! Number of days does not come into play unless the child(ren) spends so many days with the non-custodial parent.

Just what do you think it costs to buy or rent a two or three bedroom home in a safe community in Southern Maryland?

Are you talking about the child's portion or are you expecting the father to cover the mother's rent/mortgage too?
Child support is just one piece of raising a child...

Agreed!!

And again, if she is doing her job as a parent, what businesses is it of his what she does with her money?

I wouldn't give a rat's azz what she does with HER money. I DO care about what she does with MY money that is supposed to go towards caring for the child(ren)

Not only is she raising said children she is entitled to have a life also.

Both are raising the children if both parents are playing their role accordingly. And you are correct. She is entitled to a life. As long as it does not come at the expense of the child(ren)

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Men are at a disadvantage.

That well my be true. I tell my boys that under no circumstance does a woman need anyone's permission to get pregnant. And that women are absolutely, never ever, under any element of the act, not to be trusted when they say they are on birth control such as the pill, IUD, or any other method. To always, without fail, regardless of the hotness, position, ready condition of the woman, however many times she begs to "feel him naturally" inside her while hotly breathing in his ear, wear a condom. Unless it's anal, of course. Or oral. Marriage is separate subject with its own rules and guidelines. A man trusting a woman will most always inevitably lead to his downfall and financial ruin.

black dog

Free America
WRONG! According to MD law, CS is calculated based on income period! Number of days does not come into play unless the child(ren) spends so many days with the non-custodial parent.

Are you talking about the child's portion or are you expecting the father to cover the mother's rent/mortgage too?

Agreed!!

I wouldn't give a rat's azz what she does with HER money. I DO care about what she does with MY money that is supposed to go towards caring for the child(ren)

Both are raising the children if both parents are playing their role accordingly. And you are correct. She is entitled to a life. As long as it does not come at the expense of the child(ren)

Yep.. I fully understand how child support math is worked out, I've been on both ends of it.
Just how do you know what a ex spouse spends money on ? How do you know it was " YOUR MONEY " just because you think it's your money, doesn't make it so.
The problem is that so many non custodial parents don't pull there fair share, and complain about what the other parent supposedly does with the money..
Those that complain about what the ex does with " THERE MONEY " need to step up and become the custodial parent..
And if you think that a grand a month is a huge amount of money for the man ( generally the bread winner by leaps and bounds ) to pay you are living in never never land.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If I may ...

...... wear a condom.

how can I cleanly tell this tale ....

a friend of my got pregnant with her 1st in the 90's when her bf did his thing on her chest, and then preceded to smear it around with his hand, including the now covered hand down between her legs

black dog

Free America

a friend of my got pregnant with her 1st in the 90's when her bf did his thing on her chest, and then preceded to smear it around with his hand, including the now covered hand down between her legs

Yep, I thought it was funny that a girl couldn't get pregnant from anal...

MiddleGround

Just how do you know what a ex spouse spends money on ? How do you know it was " YOUR MONEY " just because you think it's your money, doesn't make it so.

If you are an involved non-custodial parent then it is pretty easy to tell if the monies being provided for CS are being used properly or not.

The problem is that so many non custodial parents don't pull there fair share, and complain about what the other parent supposedly does with the money..

Could be easily alleviated with an audit.

Those that complain about what the ex does with " THERE MONEY " need to step up and become the custodial parent..

You say that like it is an option for everyone just because you were able to get it done. In MOST cases, this is not the fact. Change of custody is not easy at all from the mother to the father in most cases.

And if you think that a grand a month is a huge amount of money for the man ( generally the bread winner by leaps and bounds ) to pay you are living in never never land.

By making this statement you are basically admitting that it is the man's sole responsibility to be the earner. Aren't the parents in it equally when raising the child(ren)? Why does mom get a financial break? The friend I referenced in my initial response has applied 2 times for custody and has been denied by the courts. Courts say it is better for kids to be with mom even though mom barely earns and the home (which he left) is falling to pieces. So, why isn't mom held accountable for her end of the finances?

Last edited:

steppinthrax

LOL,

There is no cleanly way to tell that tale. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

There's a news article about women that are intentionally "poaching" men in the hamptons. They pose as their housekeepers etc. Get pregnant and hire an attorney to obtain CP. They get very handsome CP packages. For many of them it's an easy way of financial security.

black dog

Free America
If you are an involved non-custodial parent then it is pretty easy to tell if the monies being provided for CS are being used properly or not.

Could be easily alleviated with an audit.

You say that like it is an option for everyone just because you were able to get it done. In MOST cases, this is not the fact. Change of custody is not easy at all from the mother to the father in most cases.

By making this statement you are basically admitting that it is the man's sole responsibility to be the earner. Aren't the parents in it equally when raising the child(ren)? Why does mom get a financial break? The friend I referenced in my initial response has applied 2 times for custody and has been denied by the courts. Courts say it is better for kids to be with mom even though mom barely earns and the home (which he left) is falling to pieces. So, why isn't mom held accountable for her end of the finances?

So you think that the spouse that takes custody of child / children should have to be micro managed and document every dollar that was paid to her in CS?? I'm gonna guess if you micro managed your ex in that manner I'm guessing that's why your divorced.
Custodial parents have better things to do than document what money is spent and where.
That's only one side of your friends story.. A judge or Master has the luxury of hearing both side of what the situation really is.
And the lower wage earner pays a percentage just like the higher wage earner.
If the lower wage earner makes 20% of the higher wage earner the lower wage earner will pay 20% of the cost of the children care..

black dog

Free America
I've thought about a custodial parent have to report how child support was spent, let's put in simple language.
I'll use myself with one child when he was living with his mother I paid 838.00 a month in support. If she would have had to report to the court how she spent MY MONEY it would look like this.
Her rent is 1,100 a month.
Grocery's 140.00 + a week
Electric 125.00 double in summer
Heating oil 300.00 a month in winter
Internet, phone and cable 125.00 a month
She needs a car to shuttle child around. easily 300+ a month
That's the basics in today's world and do you think 838.00 a month covers my son's half?
That's with no fun, no dinners out, no clothes, no school and after school functions, no car for child when they can drive, no medical care at all.
Half the rent 550.00
Half the electric... I'll average it to 80.00 a month to account for AC
Grocerys for a teenage boy, half is easy 250.00 a month
Half of internet, phone and cable 65.00 a month

Well we are just about at what the court mandated I pay....
That's with no fun, no dinners out, no clothes, no school and after school functions, no car for child when they can drive, no medical care at all.
I'm gonna say that those that just pay what the court ordered are short changing their children.. and certainly my ex was getting ahead on me..
You didn't cry when it went in, don't cry when it comes out..