How much are you spending on Christmas this year?

How much are you spending on Christmas this year?

• $0

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • $100-$200

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • $300-$400

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • More than $500

Votes: 64 75.3%

• Total voters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm always curious how much people spend for Christmas. I set a budget of $2000 and go over by maybe a couple hundred - and I buy for 4 kids, Larry, nieces and nephews, SILs, BILs, three sets of parents and a few friends.

But you hear people talk about getting their kids a computer or the wife a nice piece of jewelry. So maybe I'm just the cheapo I've always said I was. :lol:

morganj614

My 2 sons, wives and kids total 12 people...and that's just my immediate family :lol:

I cut back buying for bunches of people a few years back, I just can't afford them anymore :jameo:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
SEABREEZE 1957 said:
I haven't even started yet....:jameo:
:loser: good time to start thinking about it

My folks have everything they want or need (except youth), my sister and BIL spend 10 months of the year in their luxury motor home (42' w/4 slide outs), so other than my son, I don't have a lot of folks to buy for.

bcp

In My Opinion
I ended up under two grand.
My wife better be closer to the 40 grand mark this year.

I wants my new truck.

come to think of it, she better get into the 90 grand area.
I want the new F650

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
The adults in the fam were suppose to exchange names on this past Saturday but that didn't happen. So I suggested we buy for the children only. I intend to spend about $750 total on others including mine.

I was surprised at how different my children's wish lists were from what I desired to get them. They were going really cheap with me. Apparently, humble beginnings have paid off. So, I get to shop for me too. :yahoo:

I anticipate at least $500 between the sons. But, there are clothes and shoes and bedding involved in that, then what they listed and what I want to surprise them with.

Oh and since we got him on Dec 23rd 2005, the dog is getting a spa day at Petco and a few new toys and treats. He'll love it. :biggrin:

So far my gifts have been my hair braided (courtesy of a friend) and I am getting myself a new computer to accomodate my movies, music and photos. New perfume (Givenchy, Marc Jacobs, pr Baby Phat). And lastly, I promised myself I would buy 1 thing from House of Dereon or Baby Phat because I haven't really bought myself anything designer since I've bought the house and I think I've been good this year. :dance:

Last edited:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I read the title too fast and thought it said "Where are you spending Christmas this year?". I try not to think too much about how much I spent. :biggrin:

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
aps45819 said:
:loser: good time to start thinking about it

My folks have everything they want or need (except youth), my sister and BIL spend 10 months of the year in their luxury motor home (42' w/4 slide outs), so other than my son, I don't have a lot of folks to buy for.

Why are you so mean? :killingme I'm sure I'm not the only one who hasn't shopped yet.....

B

Bronwyn

My son wants a PS2 or XBox 360 this year. It's crazy that they upgrade so often. I can never afford them the first year, but I know the price will be half the next Christmas. That's about the last thing I have to pick up for this years list.

Steve

Enjoying life!
I'm thinking the poll should have been raised by a factor of 5 or 10. I wish I could get away with just a few hundred. Kids, family, entertaining, etc., it's easily a coupla grand.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Steve said:
I'm thinking the poll should have been raised by a factor of 5 or 10. I wish I could get away with just a few hundred. Kids, family, entertaining, etc., it's easily a coupla grand.

It's the only time we really spend money to make people feel joy. We get 11mos to recoup or resave again. :lmao:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
bcp said:
I ended up under two grand.
My wife better be closer to the 40 grand mark this year.

I wants my new truck.

come to think of it, she better get into the 90 grand area.
I want the new F650

With the exception of last year I have never had a S/O during Christmas (relationship not dating) and this year I have no one again. I can only imagine what I will spend once my sons are teens and I have a VIP status S/O or husband. :jameo: :jameo: :jameo:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I'm lucking out this year. Since DQ is spending Christmas with her dad, I'm waiting to go shopping until after Christmas (she won't be home till Dec. 30th), so I'll be getting pretty good deals on some of the higher-dollar items for her ... not that there are a bunch because I tend to spoil her throughout the year when she deserves it ... but I do expect I'll clean up on a few after-holiday deals. :yay:

Pete

Repete
LexiGirl75 said:
With the exception of last year I have never had a S/O during Christmas (relationship not dating) and this year I have no one again. I can only imagine what I will spend once my sons are teens and I have a VIP status S/O or husband. :jameo: :jameo: :jameo:
We could pretend if it means that much to you.

M

Mousebaby

I spent at least 3 grand and that doesn't include what the hubby is spending on me. I just don't know where all this money goes!!! All I can say is Thank God for tax refunds! :faint:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Bronwyn said:
My son wants a PS2
$129 at Best Buy, they're on the shelf.
I got my boy a bundled package of the PS2, second controler, memory chip and 2 games for $159 from WalMart.com