How much coffee do you drink in a day?

cdsulhoff

I like coffee, but I do not need it to get through the day. My mother on the other hand is a wreck if she does not have a cup of coffee.. I do have a Starbucks Espresso machine which is very nice to have. I just find that when I entertain I am making a lot of lattes, and Cappuccino's. I have in my one corner of my dinning room a espresso bar.. I have a pic of it when I first put it together. Now I have more stuff for my bar area..

However The best espresso I ever had comes from Messina Italy. The brand is called Miscela D'Oro. So Smooth and Creamy... :coffee:

Attachments

• coffee.jpg
    coffee.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 88

cdsulhoff

parrothead30 said:
my wife and I like the chicory coffee, she is from La. we mail order from www.communitycoffee.com

Now that is one coffee I never liked... My Dad drink that crap all the time when we lived in Louisiana.. Well my dad is from New Orleans so this is something he grew up with.. I grew up with the knowledge of Cajun cooking from my family. Oh how I remember going to the French Quarters on Sunday's My grandmother would go to the French Market and my dad had to go to Cafe Du Monde for Coffee and Beignet. Got to love the Beigents....

cdsulhoff

Chasey_Lane said:
Oh my goodness, those walls....:dead:

Its OK you do not have to like my walls.. This pic in not the best for showing my walls. You can not see the faux painting on them... My house is now in a Tuscany theme.. Those are some of them main colors in Tuscany... Everyone has their own taste.. I am thinking about changing the colors.... Just have not thought about what color.... I just do not do blues or pinks.. I grew up with the whole duck country theme in my house and I hate that look.

It is OK you do not have to like my walls. We all have our own preference on what colors we like and makes us comfortable..

It is OK. You do not have to like my walls. This picture is not the best Because you cannot see the faux painting on the walls... I have my house in a Tuscany theme. The colors on the walls are some of the main colors in Tuscany design.
Everyone has his or her own taste. Clearly, this is not yours. I am thinking about changing the colors.... Just have not thought about what color's I want to use.... I just do not do blue's or pink's. I grew up with the whole duck country theme in my house and I hate that look

It is OK you do not have to like my walls. We all have our own preference on what colors we like and makes us comfortable..

I hope this is a little bettter..

Last edited:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
cdsulhoff said:
Its OK you do not have to like my walls.. This pic in not the best for showing my walls. You can not see the faux painting on them... My house is now in a Tuscany theme.. Those are some of them main colors in Tuscany... Everyone has their own taste.. I am thinking about changing the colors.... Just have not thought about what color.... I just do not do blues or pinks.. I grew up with the whole duck country theme in my house and I hate that look.

Okay. :eyebrow:

mainman

Set Trippin
cdsulhoff said:

How much coffee have you had already today? :twitch:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
No, but hopefully one's on the way...

Angel said:
I can go through a pot o' coffee a day easy. The best coffee in my book is the coffee I brew in my own kitchen. The second best coffee is Dunkin Donuts. We had Dunkin Donuts on every corner in Maine, but I have not seen one here. Do we have one in St. Mary's?

I am a Dunkachino nut. :jameo: :coffee:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
TWO - count 'em - TWO mugs - not cups, MUGS, mind you, of...

Decaf, and only on Sunday morning.

cdsulhoff

mainman said:
How much coffee have you had already today? :twitch:

Oh damn it!!!! I was in a hurry this morning.... My kids and I went to the Port Discovery for VBS.. I just typed the Damn thing and left. Never looked at it twice until now.. Shoot my okay!!!!

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
fttrsbeerwench said:
I used to drink nothing but 7-11 coffee. Then it got :barf:

I was buying the Cafe Du Monde ground that you get in New Olreans, but McKay's stopped stocking it:bawl: I like that chickory flavor. Luzianne makes it too but it's not the same. I'm down to half a can of that and I mixed it with Yuban. Yuban is good.

I drink too much coffee:crazy:

:yeahthat: Chickory coffee is the best. A place in Dallas, Crescent City Beignets, used to make it perfect. If I had the cash to throw down, I would franchise one of their restaraunts out here in a heartbeat.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
fttrsbeerwench said:
I was buying the Cafe Du Monde ground that you get in New Olreans, but McKay's stopped stocking it:bawl: I like that chickory flavor. Luzianne makes it too but it's not the same. I'm down to half a can of that and I mixed it with Yuban. Yuban is good.

You can buy it online and even by the case. :yay:

I'm not big on coffee but I just had to try it when I was down there and still have the mug. I'd go back to Cafe Du Monde in a heartbeat for some hot beignets. :yum:

Pete

Repete
FromTexas said:
:yeahthat: Chicory coffee is the best.
:barf: I was running a det in Panama and had a kid in the crew from NO. He got a care package from home that had Chicory coffee. I figured what the hell the name "Chicory" sounds good. I tried it and it was vile :barf: Not only was it vile it polluted the coffee maker for a couple days.

cdsulhoff

jazz lady said:
You can buy it online and even by the case. :yay:

I'm not big on coffee but I just had to try it when I was down there and still have the mug. I'd go back to Cafe Du Monde in a heartbeat for some hot beignets. :yum:

I went to the grocery store (commissary) on base on Andrew Air force base and they had it... But that was awhile ago I could have my mother look for it the next time she is there..

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Pete said:
:barf: I was running a det in Panama and had a kid in the crew from NO. He got a care package from home that had Chicory coffee. I figured what the hell the name "Chicory" sounds good. I tried it and it was vile :barf: Not only was it vile it polluted the coffee maker for a couple days.

:lmao: I wonder if he received a non-blend. You can make straight chicory coffee, but it is usually a blend (coffee beans and chicory root ground). The straight stuff (just ground chicory root) is pretty nasty and would have that effect (leave the flavor around). French market and other normally served chicory coffee is always a blend. Also, you almost never see anyone drink black chicory coffee. Its typically served cafe au lait. It can be a little potent. Especially if you make heavy chicory blends w/ the same measurements you make normal coffee. The water soaks up chicory flavor much easier than it does for coffee beans.

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
FromTexas said:
:lmao: I wonder if he received a non-blend. You can make straight chicory coffee, but it is usually a blend (coffee beans and chicory root ground). The straight stuff (just ground chicory root) is pretty nasty and would have that effect (leave the flavor around). French market and other normally served chicory coffee is always a blend. Also, you almost never see anyone drink black chicory coffee. Its typically served cafe au lait. It can be a little potent.
It was beyond nasty. You have to wonder who was digging around and found this root and said "Hey, what do you say we roast this sucker and grind it up and make coffee with it?" :barf:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Pete said:
It was beyond nasty. You have to wonder who was digging around and found this root and said "Hey, what do you say we roast this sucker and grind it up and make coffee with it?" :barf:

It was originally used out of the Port of New Orleans because coffee would sometimes run out. Chicory was a cheap and simple alternative to coffee when there were no beans. There are other things that were used, too, by different regions -- I am sure it could be looked up and I bet many would have you scratching your head even more. I do not think chicory has any caffeine though.