Votes: 12 26.7%
  • $1000 and over

Votes: 21 46.7%

• Total voters

Elle

Happy Camper!
harleygirl said:
For me, at least a grand.
I try shooting for $500. I'm a bargin shopper and even with huge families it's usually pretty easy to do.

Elle

Happy Camper!
rack'm said:
under $500, the kids have too much crap now. :banghead:
Santa brings toys so under the tree at my house it's usually practical stuff. I know every 7 y/o has underwear & socks at the top of their Christmas wish list:lol:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
My dad spent 4900 bucks last year on 1 present alone for my mom, but that braclet had my shine than the sun itsself....full of rocks (diamonds)

But I shoot for 500 to start also, but always seem to go over

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I try to limit it to under $1000 - $250 per kid and no more than $250 for the rest of the folks we buy for (nieces, nephews, cousins). If I added in what I buy for "Angel" kids, those the school adopts, and (this year) hurricane victims, it normally slides a little over.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I try to stay under 1000. My two youngest also both have December B-days. One on the 17th and the other on the 29th. So you can see how screwed I am.

rack'm

Jaded
Tigerlily said:
I try to stay under 1000. My two youngest also both have December B-days. One on the 17th and the other on the 29th. So you can see how screwed I am.

We can figure how much you were in April/May. :lol:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
<$1000 ... I tend to spoil DQ at xmas (though this year she's treading on VERY thin ice!), and my neice and nephew. They're only kids once, and I want them to experience the joy of a tree full of goodies like we did as kids. :smile:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Well, let's see here. Just for the two girls, we've gotten: 2 electric scooters, one MP3, a chair and ottoman, entertaintment center, 2 DVD players, 1 Nintendo DS, and 8 games. I won't even list all the clothes, pajamas, jackets, etc. :yikes:

Day and I each have to buy for each other, our parents (and me, stepparents) our siblings and one nephew. You all do the math! :faint:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Chasey_Lane said:
2 electric scooters
I ordered one for DQ for xmas, but I'll be damned if she'll get a powered one! :nono: By god, if she wants to scoot somewhere, she'll do it with Nike power! :lmao:

rack'm

Jaded
Chasey_Lane said:
Well, let's see here. Just for the two girls, we've gotten: 2 electric scooters, one MP3, a chair and ottoman, entertaintment center, 2 DVD players, 1 Nintendo DS, and 8 games. I won't even list all the clothes, pajamas, jackets, etc. :yikes:

Day and I each have to buy for each other, our parents (and me, stepparents) our siblings and one nephew. You all do the math! :faint:

We bought the kids Electric scooters a few years back......$300 a pop and they didn't last more than a year. :banghead:

I'm burned out with buying them all kinds of stuff I never had and then have them distroy it.......they'll get what they need and a kick in the pants for good measure. :buttkick:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
crabcake said:
I ordered one for DQ for xmas, but I'll be damned if she'll get a powered one! :nono: By god, if she wants to scoot somewhere, she'll do it with Nike power! :lmao:
K already has a manual one and she rides it almost every day. It's the best $30 her Dad ever spent. :lol: I know both girls really want an electric one, and I don't mind them having it. They already know that w/out a helmet, they do NOT ride.

Oh, and mom is getting her both the IDog, IZ & carrying case. Can you say :spoiled:? :lol:

morganj614

Alot when I was married with children, not so much now even with g-kids. They get too much from multiple grandparents anyway :lol: I have learned to cut way back on my gift giving and next year my sister and I are going to cards only.