• Under $1000

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • $1000 and over

Votes: 21 46.7%

• Total voters

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
marianne said:
Does this count the presents you get for yourself? Let me re-phrase that, does everyone do "one for you, one for me" when they go Christmas shopping or is it just me?
This year I'm getting a lot of my own presents, but not because I want to.

On the other hand, I know I'm getting EXACTLY what I want.

When I got married and was asked what I wanted for Christmas, I learned quickly that:
  • Detail is important.
  • The kids' and in-laws' presents come first.
  • If you didn't justify your need for a given item, don't expect to get it for Christmas.
  • Asking for tools yields very frustrating results.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
vraiblonde said:
This year I want the SILs to have that Bare Minerals starter kit at $60 a whack so, darn it, I'm buying it!
1) You blabbing about spending our premo money won't go forgotten next year! :smack:

2) Did you think about asking sephora for a bulk discount or something on those kits? I would have! Heck, even a 5 or 10 % would've been nice if you're buying several of 'em. :yay:

V

Vixen

hollywoman said:
An easy 1k, if not more. Shoot, games for the PS2, PSP, Xbox are 40-50.00 a pop. OUCH! Going to Disney this year!

That is the problem. EVERYTHING is expensive.

Right now I have the 30GB Apple ipod with video playback in my hand straight from FedEx.

I have searched tons and tons of stores and they have all been out, or shall I say out of the requested black one. I ordered it directly from Apple.

1 gift nearly $300 :faint: The kid just out to be glad I just got promoted but there isn’t going to be much going along with it.

The one nice thing about ordering directly from Apple is they engraved it with his name on it.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Vixen said:
The one nice thing about ordering directly from Apple is they engraved it with his name on it.
Shame his name isn't "Adam" :lmao:

Adam's Apple ... get it? :cheesy:

V

Vixen

:razz: :lmao:

I just took the ipod out of the package to make sure they did engrave it and it was done. It was ordered Sunday, engraved and here this afternoon. Not bad at all.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Vixen said:
:razz: :lmao:

I just took the ipod out of the package to make sure they did engrave it and it was done. It was ordered Sunday, engraved and here this afternoon. Not bad at all.

I'm an iPod dummy. Does the Apple iPod only work with Macs for downloads? Boy #1 thinks he needs one. :rolleyes:

V

Vixen

bresamil said:
I'm an iPod dummy. Does the Apple iPod only work with Macs for downloads? Boy #1 thinks he needs one. :rolleyes:

No

PC System Requirements

* • Built-in USB port (USB 2.0 recommended)
* • Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 or Windows XP Home or Professional Service Pack 2 or later
* • iTunes 6 (included) or later

I was seriously thinking about NOT getting one, but it was the only thing he really wanted for Christmas. Music is my son's life. I thought he would pick piano lessons back up after we moved and he decided that he wants to play the guitar. :rolleyes: I just paid a little over $250 for an electric guitar and the crap that goes with it and now we have $80.00 in lesson fees a month. :faint:

I took Kwillia's advice and told others who were looking for gift ideas to get some gift certificates so he can download music from itunes.

The older the kid’s get, the more expensive the wants become. Maybe the younger one can pick up the piano. :eyebrow:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
marianne said:
Let me re-phrase that, does everyone do "one for you, one for me" when they go Christmas shopping or is it just me?
:howdy: As much as I looooove buying Christmas gifts for other people, I do like to buy something for myself.

tomchamp

Vixen said:
No

PC System Requirements

* • Built-in USB port (USB 2.0 recommended)
* • Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 or Windows XP Home or Professional Service Pack 2 or later
* • iTunes 6 (included) or later

I was seriously thinking about NOT getting one, but it was the only thing he really wanted for Christmas. Music is my son's life. I thought he would pick piano lessons back up after we moved and he decided that he wants to play the guitar. :rolleyes: I just paid a little over $250 for an electric guitar and the crap that goes with it and now we have $80.00 in lesson fees a month. :faint:

I took Kwillia's advice and told others who were looking for gift ideas to get some gift certificates so he can download music from itunes.

The older the kid’s get, the more expensive the wants become. Maybe the younger one can pick up the piano. :eyebrow:

I'm sure a piano is much cheaper than a guitar..I heard you could get one of those Grand Piano's for about 5K...LOL

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I haven't been on the ball (like I'd planned) with Christmas shopping, so we haven't spent much yet, and I have no idea how much we'll end up spending. We're buying a house for Christmas, so our gifts to each other will be light. The youngster will make out like a bandit, I'm sure. :lol:

V

Vixen

tomchamp said:
I'm sure a piano is much cheaper than a guitar..I heard you could get one of those Grand Piano's for about 5K...LOL

I already have the piano. :smack: :lmao: All it does is collect dust unless I decide to play around on it, which isn't very often, or my grandmother comes to visit.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
I spend at least 2 grand at Xmas, but since i start my shopping early and spread it out over time it doesn't seem too bad.

I have 4 girls. Try to spend less than that with 4 girls. :razz:

Kerad

I always make sure to not have girlfirends at Xmas time...less expensive that way! :biggrin:

then again...maybe THEY make sure not to have ME around at Xmas time... :cussing:

hmmm.... :confused: