• Under $500

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Under $1000

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • $1000 and over

Votes: 21 46.7%

• Total voters

marianne

Does this count the presents you get for yourself? Let me re-phrase that, does everyone do "one for you, one for me" when they go Christmas shopping or is it just me?

morganj614

Chasey_Lane said:
That's a great idea! I just wish it were that easy. :ohwell:

It is, I told her we are adults that don't need much, so how about we do cards next year? See? easy... :lmao:

But in my previous live I had in-laws and my family and his family to the point of ridiculous. That pretty much stopped when I told HIM he had to go buy his family gifts on his own. We both worked, he could pitch in :lol: and all of a sudden we had less gifts to give :banana:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
marianne said:
Does this counts the presents you get for yourself? Let me re-phrase that, does everyone do "one for you, one for me" when they go Christmas shopping or is it just me?
It's me, too. :biggrin:

morganj614

marianne said:
Does this counts the presents you get for yourself? Let me re-phrase that, does everyone do "one for you, one for me" when they go Christmas shopping or is it just me?

one for you 2 for me. :razz:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
rack'm said:
When it's all they get.........it's that easy. :yay:
:yeahthat: My family quit adult-gift-giving a few years back. Spouses (I'm sure) still hook each other up, but when your family gets so big with aunts/uncles, cousins, siblings, etc., you can break the dang bank at xmas on 'em. And in the end, it's really about the kids ... us grown-ups got our chance. :smile:

V

Vixen

Steve said:
Over $1K easy. :bawl:

:poorbaby: I feel your pain.

Last night, I heard somebody say the 3 Christmas colors are silver, green and red.

You bring home the silver, spend the green and afterwards your in the red.

Steve

Enjoying life!
rack'm said:
I'm burned out with buying them all kinds of stuff I never had and then have them distroy it.......they'll get what they need and a kick in the pants for good measure. :buttkick:
Ain't that the truth! We got toys/gifts twice a year: Christmas and birthday (Nov). We had to make that stuff last a whole year because there wasn't going to be anything in between. I can't count how many things we've bought the kids that get broken quickly, or just tossed aside and never touched again.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I spend a fortune at Christmas. I want to buy for people what I want them to have, and if it costs $100 for my niece to have that outfit she wants, so be it. This year I want the SILs to have that Bare Minerals starter kit at $60 a whack so, darn it, I'm buying it!

My MIL tried to start the "draw names" thing for the adults, where we bought for the kids but nobody else except for the person whose name we drew. We all bought for each other anyway and MIL was pissed that we wouldn't follow the rules. :lol:

Last year I did my Christmas shopping and spent my normal fortune, then Larry went and bought everyone Redskins tickets as well and we tailgated to the game. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Steve said:
I can't count how many things we've bought the kids that get broken quickly, or just tossed aside and never touched again.
I used to hate that when my kids were little. Last year they all got iPods and that was a good gift - they all use them every day and take good care of them.

Pete

Repete
vraiblonde said:
I spend a fortune at Christmas. I want to buy for people what I want them to have, and if it costs $100 for my niece to have that outfit she wants, so be it. This year I want the SILs to have that Bare Minerals starter kit at $60 a whack so, darn it, I'm buying it!

My MIL tried to start the "draw names" thing for the adults, where we bought for the kids but nobody else except for the person whose name we drew. We all bought for each other anyway and MIL was pissed that we wouldn't follow the rules. :lol:

Last year I did my Christmas shopping and spent my normal fortune, then Larry went and bought everyone Redskins tickets as well and we tailgated to the game. :lol:
mommy

slik

Not only do the food bills kill me, gifts as they get older get more and more expensive. Ordered 2 laptops already and am considering 1 more - just so that I don't have to go out and shop.

bresamil said:
I try to limit it to under $1000 - $250 per kid and no more than $250 for the rest of the folks we buy for (nieces, nephews, cousins). If I added in what I buy for "Angel" kids, those the school adopts, and (this year) hurricane victims, it normally slides a little over.
This pretty much reflects my attitude on Christmas purchases. My kids don't get everything they want and they only get one big ticket item a piece. They quickly learned if they want more than what they get at birthdays and Christmas, they have to work for it by saving allowance or doing side jobs for friends and family. This works out great for us, and doesn't leave them expecting each Christmas outdoing the Christmas before.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Steve said:
Ain't that the truth! We got toys/gifts twice a year: Christmas and birthday (Nov). We had to make that stuff last a whole year because there wasn't going to be anything in between. I can't count how many things we've bought the kids that get broken quickly, or just tossed aside and never touched again.
:duh: Oh here we go again. And you had to walk to school in the snow with no shoes too didn't ya? :neener:

I'm actually at a loss as to what to buy this Christmas. I'm in the holiday spirit, just not the shopping spirit. :bawl: I really need to get on the stick and start making up my Christmas lists.