How much do you spend on groceries?

Redrobin

We like to eat and I decided to go back through our past monthly statements and add up how much we spend on food each month. The amount was astonishing! I'm ashamed to say that I wasn't keeping better track of just how much we spent each month on food and it certainly explains why we feel so broke. It adds up quick! This amont includes groceries and eating out for a family of four averaged out over the last three months. $1927.00! Change is coming to our house starting on 1 August. 1 trip to the Commisary once a week and one night eating out per month and that's it.

How much do you spend on food for your family???

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Sometimes I feel like they should just direct deposit my paycheck at the grocery store.

sockgirl77

On average we've been spending $1,927.00 per month on groceries and eating out.

How many people in your family? I would have to pull out the calculator and receipts, but it is not nearly that much to feed my family of 4. But, I coupon...

KDENISE977

I'd be too afraid to figure it out. I'm at the grocery store several times a week and by several I mean like EVERY night. Plus, I do the normal saturday grocery store trip which is easily $140.00 for myself,husband and 2 year old. I would easily say I spend at least $30-$40 almost every other trip during the week.

sockgirl77

I'd be too afraid to figure it out. I'm at the grocery store several times a week and by several I mean like EVERY night. Plus, I do the normal saturday grocery store trip which is easily $140.00 for myself,husband and 2 year old. I would easily say I spend at least $30-$40 almost every other trip during the week.

When I used to shop like that I spent entirely too much money. I go shopping twice a month now unless I'm just stopping by to pick up a loaf of bread.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I'm afraid to see that number as well. I know i'm not efficient at grocery shopping. I try to use coupons but I don't know how to properly. When I remember them, the stuff is not on sale. Plus I don't plan a menu. It's worse when the kids are playing sports. We eat out a lot when their games are not done until 9:30 p.m.

FED_UP

We like to eat and I decided to go back through our past monthly statements and add up how much we spend on food each month. The amount was astonishing! I'm ashamed to say that I wasn't keeping better track of just how much we spent each month on food and it certainly explains why we feel so broke. It adds up quick! This amont includes groceries and eating out for a family of four averaged out over the last three months. $1927.00! Change is coming to our house starting on 1 August. 1 trip to the Commisary once a week and one night eating out per month and that's it.

How much do you spend on food for your family???

That sounds about right for four. Also going out sounds about the only factor that could save you money. Going out I would guess on average is costing $10-15 per person.

That sounds about right for four. Also going out sounds about the only factor that could save you money. Going out I would guess on average is costing $10-15 per person.

I wish. Went out to dinner Friday. Appetizer and a steak, no drinks. $40 with tip for just myself.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I wish. Went out to dinner Friday. Appetizer and a steak, no drinks. $40 with tip for just myself.

The cost to go out and eat has gone up; as you have seen. Using your Friday dinner as an example; have you figured out the price difference if you had grilled your own and had all the fixin's, and a beer or two?

KDENISE977

When I used to shop like that I spent entirely too much money. I go shopping twice a month now unless I'm just stopping by to pick up a loaf of bread.

Oh I'm aware I spend TOO much time and money in grocery stores. I honestly have tried making lists and couponing but I fail every time. I guess I need more organization skills because I obviously know it works for people, just don't know where to start. :cds:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Oh I'm aware I spend TOO much time and money in grocery stores. I honestly have tried making lists and couponing but I fail every time. I guess I need more organization skills because I obviously know it works for people, just don't know where to start. :cds:

Same here.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Im one of those weirdos that loves the grocery store. Dont now why. All other stores you have to drag me kicking and screaming, especially Walmart. But the grocery, I could spend all day I think. But Im very thrifty so we only spend about 100-150 week.

KDENISE977

Im one of those weirdos that loves the grocery store. Dont now why. All other stores you have to drag me kicking and screaming, especially Walmart. But the grocery, I could spend all day I think. But Im very thrifty so we only spend about 100-150 week.

I need to learn that, thrifty thing you speak of.

wickedtonia

wow. living in the furloughed-newly-graduated-grad-student world of student loans and real life bills. I put in about $200-300 a month in groceries and eating out (if that happens at all). Feeds myself, my dogs and my boyfriend when he visits. I dream of the day I can spend almost $2000 in groceries over 3 months and not lose my house/car. lol.

wow. living in the furloughed-newly-graduated-grad-student world of student loans and real life bills. I put in about $200-300 a month in groceries and eating out (if that happens at all). Feeds myself, my dogs and my boyfriend when he visits. I dream of the day I can spend almost $2000 in groceries over 3 months and not lose my house/car. lol.
What is a typical dinner for you?