How Often Do You Do It?

How often do you check your tire pressure?

• Never, I have run flats.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I'm above doing such things.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Daily.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekly.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • When the seasons change.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • It's done when the vehicle gets serviced.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • When the low pressure alarm goes off.

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

BoyGenius

Cyber Bully Victim
My first poll, I'm so excited.

Inquiring minds want to know: How often do you do it?

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
about once a month.
More often if the feel of the car or bike changes or there is a major change in ambient temps.

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
FYI to whoever says it gets done when the vehicle gets services. I took my truck in to a shop in California, MD that I will not name, and specifically asked them to rotate the tires, change the oil and the TPS light was on and aked them to check the air pressure. They never even checked the air pressure even after I asked. I am sure this happens more than this one time.

BTW now my truck is leaking oil which it never has done before. And oh yeah I have a nice dent too. I don't think I will be back.

BoyGenius

Cyber Bully Victim
Thanks

Cool, thanks for doing your part to stick it to those greedy, grubby oil companies that just finished their latest round of rip-offs.

I put about 3k miles a year on my car. If I check it at every fill up, that's once a month at most.

BoyGenius

Cyber Bully Victim
Good Tip You Gave

You know what's even more shocking? Drive a new car off the lot and check the tires when you get home. I usually find them either way over-inflated or under-inflated, which is not a good way to start off a new set of tires.

The detail guys at car dealerships are the most underpaid and dangerous people on the planet.

FYI to whoever says it gets done when the vehicle gets services. I took my truck in to a shop in California, MD that I will not name, and specifically asked them to rotate the tires, change the oil and the TPS light was on and aked them to check the air pressure. They never even checked the air pressure even after I asked. I am sure this happens more than this one time.

BTW now my truck is leaking oil which it never has done before. And oh yeah I have a nice dent too. I don't think I will be back.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
3K miles a year :faint: I do about 30k a year.

:lol: I also put about 15k a year on the bike. (it gets 40+mpg)
I can feel the difference in handling when the pressure drops a couple of pounds.
Love the digital pump at the 235/Chancellors Run Sheetz. Just dial in the desired pressure and it will raise or lower to suit (when it works).

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
I can feel the difference in handling when the pressure drops a couple of pounds.
Love the digital pump at the 235/Chancellors Run Sheetz. Just dial in the desired pressure and it will raise or lower to suit (when it works).

There is a guy that lives down the street that rides his bike everyday it isn't raining. Temp. does not matter. I heard him leaving this morning on that thing. It is effin cold out there.

Is it accurate? I've never found one that was, so i use my own gauge.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
There is a guy that lives down the street that rides his bike everyday it isn't raining. Temp. does not matter. I heard him leaving this morning on that thing. It is effin cold out there.
I added heated grips last Dec. What a difference they make.
... and I have a 5 mile ride to work. :lol:
Take the car and it's just getting warm when I get there, take the bike and I'm just starting to get cold.
Is it accurate? I've never found one that was, so i use my own gauge.

It was within .5 lbs of my digital gauge last time I checked.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

:howdy:

It can't be me, I ride in the rain.. and you probably wouldn't be able to hear me either..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I added heated grips last Dec. What a difference they make.
... and I have a 5 mile ride to work. :lol:
Take the car and it's just getting warm when I get there, take the bike and I'm just starting to get cold.

It was within .5 lbs of my digital gauge last time I checked.

I took the truck last Monday, I forgot to plug the bike in while I was on travel and it didn't want to start.

I think Monday it was in the low 30's.

I took the bike the rest of the week, and on the day it was in the 20's I was warmer on the bike. I don't dress very warm when I take the truck, a jacket that's it. On the bike I dress REAL warm, and am probably more comforable than most people in their cars. I definitely don't get cold walking from the bike to the building!