How often

do you get your hair cut when you are trying to grow it out? :confused:

Before I had my son, My hair was down to my bum but I had split ends and it just looked yucky... not to mention the little monster ripped it out by the handful. :ohwell:

I miss my long hair but I want it to look healthy when it is long. How often should I get it cut? Someone told me every 8 weeks... but then, I feel like I am just cutting off everything I just grew. :jameo:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville

Before I had my son, My hair was down to my bum but I had split ends and it just looked yucky... not to mention the little monster ripped it out by the handful. :ohwell:

I miss my long hair but I want it to look healthy when it is long. How often should I get it cut? Someone told me every 8 weeks... but then, I feel like I am just cutting off everything I just grew. :jameo:
Your hair grows a 1/2 inch every month no matter what you do.

But the more often you cut it the healthier it should stay. You could also take B12 I heard that helps hair growth, or prenatal.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My hair growth has slowed down, so I have stretched my hair appointments from every 6 weeks to 8 weeks. I usually have her give it a slight trim every other visit.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I just got my hair cut for the first time in 2 years two weekends ago. I just had it evened out & the split ends trimmed off. It looked good for a few days but every time I put it in a ponytail, I end up breaking hair and then have stray hairs wisping about. So I don't think I'm gonna spent the money to get it cut ever again. I mean what's the point if I look like a wooly booger again in a week.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I recently cut 5" off my hair and find I'm not fond of it so will be growing mine long again as well. I will get it trimmed when I see split ends or if it's getting dull/lifeless. That may be every 12-16 weeks depending on my diet and environment. The vitamins definitely help keep it strong and healthy.

Jameo

What?!
My hair grows a good inch every 4 wks but I take a LOT of B-12. Every 4 wks I get my roots done and a trim.

Roman

I have been growing my hair out for the first time in many years! I think it's so much easier not only on the Pocket Book, but also with styling options. Wal-Mart sells a Vitamin called Hair, Skin, and Nails made by One Source. I've been taking that for awhile now, but notice that I have to get my Brow & Lip waxed more often. That's embarracing. Anyway, here are a few more Vitamin options that are not only good for the Hair, but also good for Immune Health, which is good for this time of the year.
Vitamin C, Zinc, Magnesium, Super B Complex, Beta Carotene, and Fish, Flaxseed, Borage Oil with Omegas 3, 6, and 9. My Stylist told me to get my hair trimmed every 3 months.

I have been growing my hair out for the first time in many years! I think it's so much easier not only on the Pocket Book, but also with styling options. Wal-Mart sells a Vitamin called Hair, Skin, and Nails made by One Source. I've been taking that for awhile now, but notice that I have to get my Brow & Lip waxed more often. That's embarracing. Anyway, here are a few more Vitamin options that are not only good for the Hair, but also good for Immune Health, which is good for this time of the year.
Vitamin C, Zinc, Magnesium, Super B Complex, Beta Carotene, and Fish, Flaxseed, Borage Oil with Omegas 3, 6, and 9. My Stylist told me to get my hair trimmed every 3 months.

I take the Hair, Skin, and Nails... Biotin is what makes your hair healthy... At least that is what I learned while working at GNC many moons ago. :coffee:

luvmygdaughters

Let me know what you find out, I'm trying to let my hair grow out for the first time in years. Right now I'm at the point where I cant do anything with it and I want so bad to get it whacked back off again, but I will hold out a few more weeks. When I went to my beautician, she said to come back every 6 - 8 weeks to get a "shape up" trim. But I'm thinking the same thing you are, everything i just grew will be cut off.:shrug:

Let me know what you find out, I'm trying to let my hair grow out for the first time in years. Right now I'm at the point where I cant do anything with it and I want so bad to get it whacked back off again, but I will hold out a few more weeks. When I went to my beautician, she said to come back every 6 - 8 weeks to get a "shape up" trim. But I'm thinking the same thing you are, everything i just grew will be cut off.:shrug:

It is frustrating isn't it. :banghead:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My hair grows out accidentally. I mean to keep it cut but by the time I remember to call, it's way long. Then I have a good hair day and think, heck, I'll just let it grow out. And before I know it, it's been a year. So I get long hair due to laziness, not by design.

My hair grows out accidentally. I mean to keep it cut but by the time I remember to call, it's way long. Then I have a good hair day and think, heck, I'll just let it grow out. And before I know it, it's been a year. So I get long hair due to laziness, not by design.

I'm jealous. :cds:

MMM_donuts

Only when I find split ends. I have long hair, long and color treated, and it's very healthy.

I don't actually "fix" it every day though, like flat iron or blow dry it. Becuase of the nature of my job, it's wrapped in a bun every morning and secured with a scrunchie.

Yes, I'm trying to bring scrunchies back.

Roman

Only when I find split ends. I have long hair, long and color treated, and it's very healthy.

I don't actually "fix" it every day though, like flat iron or blow dry it. Becuase of the nature of my job, it's wrapped in a bun every morning and secured with a scrunchie.

Yes, I'm trying to bring scrunchies back.
I use scrunchies too. Thinking it's better for the Hair than a rubbery thing. I guess it depends on your hair-type wether or not to get it cut every 2, or 3 months. My hair is super Baby-Fine, and it tangles easy, so the break-off happens easier than most. So as I said before, every 3 months I'm due for a trim. I don't use any hair products on my hair, like Hair Spray/Gel, and I rarely Blow-Dry because of frizzies. I got a wide-toothed Comb, which I think is easier on my hair too.

I use scrunchies too. Thinking it's better for the Hair than a rubbery thing. I guess it depends on your hair-type wether or not to get it cut every 2, or 3 months. My hair is super Baby-Fine, and it tangles easy, so the break-off happens easier than most. So as I said before, every 3 months I'm due for a trim. I don't use any hair products on my hair, like Hair Spray/Gel, and I rarely Blow-Dry because of frizzies. I got a wide-toothed Comb, which I think is easier on my hair too.

I have very thin baby-fine hair too.

KDENISE977

I do the same, I was waiting till that new place opened up in CH but then kid got sick and had to cancel, then I was all "meh"

drivingdaisy

When it was above my shoulders (or when I had highlights) I went every 2-3 months probably. But I have been growing my hair out since 2005. I cut off 13-14 inches and donated it about 2 years ago. It is back to about 7 inches above my butt. I'm considering donating it again. I never have much money so this is my way of giving without hurting my bank account. Because it is so long and thick I probably only blow dry my hair a few times a month so it stays healthy for longer. Currently I get my hair cut 2-3 times a year for a trim.

sockgirl77

I haven't had mine touched since April 2011 when I had it cut for Locks of Love. I had it cut to the bottom of my ears. It's to the middle of my back now. :shrug: