How old are your dishes?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My mom gets new dishes every couple of years or so just because she gets bored of the old ones. I, on the other hand, keep mine until they're so chipped up or enough of them get broken that I have to replace them.

So which one are you?

I keep them until they need replacing. Besides... mine match the painting/wallpaper trim in my dining room which I love so there is no need to look for something different. On that note, if I ever repainted the dining room I would certainly get a new set to go with the new look.

The notion that dishes might need replacing is kinda foreign to me. I have a large set of Longabergers that used to be my mother's. Are you telling me that I might eventually have to face the arduous task of figuring out how to replace them?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
>3 y/o. I bought then when I bought the house. :cool:

I also bought new glassware. They haven't fared as well. :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The notion that dishes might need replacing is kinda foreign to me. I have a large set of Longabergers that used to be my mother's. Are you telling me that I might eventually have to face the arduous task of figuring out how to replace them?

No. That is not what they are saying. What they are saying is that when you get you a permanent woman, she'll take care of that for you.

:buddies:

I have one set of china, unused still in the box, that I bought in 1969 in Hong Kong.
The rest are anywhere from 2-8 years.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
it will take me YEARS just to afford all of the pieces that go with my china..I can't even think of getting rid of it. Once I get all the pieces I want...it's on to the Christmas set.

I had an antique set of rose china that the ex left behind. I boxed them and gave them back to her mom. Not exactly my cup of tea..... :jet:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I had an antique set of rose china that the ex left behind. I boxed them and gave them back to her mom. Not exactly my cup of tea..... :jet:

That reminds me that I have my Grandmothers rose tea set that is packed away for the Chicklet when he is older.