How old

MrX

High Octane
does a child have to be for the parents to stop stating their (childs) age in months? I always hear people saying on my < insert child here > is how ever many (say 36 for example) months old, etc. Why not just say three years old instead? :confused: I'll be a father in a few months, and I need to know when to stop this nonsense. TIA.

Last edited:

donbarzini

does a child have to be for the parents to stop stating their (childs) age in months? I always here people saying on my < insert child here > is how ever many (say 36 for example) months old, etc. Why not just say three years old instead? :confused: I'll be a father in a few months, and I need to know when to stop this nonsense. TIA.

I stopped at 10 months. For the 11th month it was: "He/she will be a year old next month."

lbreder

2into4
does a child have to be for the parents to stop stating their (childs) age in months? I always here people saying on my < insert child here > is how ever many (say 36 for example) months old, etc. Why not just say three years old instead? :confused: I'll be a father in a few months, and I need to know when to stop this nonsense. TIA.

LMAO, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I stopped counting at 12 months just cause I did weeks/ months when pregnant and months when my kids were born. But for most people 24 months should be it for counting:whistle: but this is JMO!

Island_Chick

Mommy of 2
2yrs is where I stop ! My girl is 3 yrs old & my boy is 21 mths old so I still have 3 mths to go :lmao:

By the way congrats to the Dad to be !

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
It continues at least until they are 2. The developmental differences between a child who is 12 months and one who is 16 months is huge. Even the difference between 18 and 22 months is significant. Once they are two, the differences are fairly minor, but some physical and mental developmental scales still note differences month by month up to 36 months.

MrX

High Octane
Cool, thanks! So I guess I will stop at two years old, since that seems to be the common consensus. :yay:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
does a child have to be for the parents to stop stating their (childs) age in months? I always hear people saying on my < insert child here > is how ever many (say 36 for example) months old, etc. Why not just say three years old instead? :confused: I'll be a father in a few months, and I need to know when to stop this nonsense. TIA.

I've got a 292 month old.

morningbell

hmmmmmm

:lmao: This is funny b/c BF refuses to say anything after 11 months. My argument is that baby development goes in months, he'll figure it out.

nicole_M

I stopped at 2 as well... When they are just little babies, some people count by weeks as well... They'll say the baby is 4 weeks old rather than he/she is a month old.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)

:shrug: My kiddo is 127 months. :lol:

Seriously though I think I stopped when they were 10-11 months

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

It's different for men and women.
They say "5 months", we say "almost half a year"

7-8 months = little over half a year
9-11 months = not quite a year

They consider development in months, we notice the event.
eating cereal = toxic smelling crap
first steps means we have to move our stuff up out of reach
Takes them about 2-3 years to become more interested in a what's in a box than the box itself.
If you have a boy, you can start buying cool toys at about 4-5 years.