how old?

Lilypad

just.me said:
In September I will turn 41. My hair is a bit longer than shoulder length, and I am in the process of growing it longer...I usually keep a perm in it, just a body wave. Nothing extravagant. My question is: Is it still appropriate for me to wear long, curly hair? Some 'friends' have made comments about how at a certain age, women should 'dress' their age and wear more appropriate hair styles. I admit, I will not change -- I am too damn vain about my hair. Nothing in this world could convince me to wear one of those cookie-stamped, helmet-head hair styles...... I was just wondering how you all feel about this?
Our hair is our crowning glory-wear it anyway you like! Right on!

W

Wenchy

just.me said:
I agree, but I have heard this comment again and again. Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowers:

I had butt hair length hair until I got bubble gum stuck in it at the age of 8, and my mom cut it off at ear length. I never grew it past shoulder length after that.

Older women usually do look better with shoulder length or shorter hair (it lifts the face) By older, I mean 60+.

It's the condition of your hair and your face that dictates the decision to either put it up, leave it down, or cut it off.

Take a look in the mirror, or post a pic. :yay:

StarCat

just.me said:
In September I will turn 41. My hair is a bit longer than shoulder length, and I am in the process of growing it longer...I usually keep a perm in it, just a body wave. Nothing extravagant. My question is: Is it still appropriate for me to wear long, curly hair? Some 'friends' have made comments about how at a certain age, women should 'dress' their age and wear more appropriate hair styles. I admit, I will not change -- I am too damn vain about my hair. Nothing in this world could convince me to wear one of those cookie-stamped, helmet-head hair styles...... I was just wondering how you all feel about this?
Tell them to go to heck. Nothing sucks more than man length hair :yay: And I say, dress however ya want, as long as you arent shopping in the Jr section :shrug:

BRITUSA

BRITUSA
just.me said:

If it looks good on you then keep it!! Im 43 and not ready to cut my hair short.....Hell.... im not ready to go old either :shrug:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
I'm another long-haired chick checking in! I'll be 36 and I have worn it many ways.... and I DO think it is a matter of personal affection, really.... I had my hair bobbed for many a moons and very tailored, if you will, and I just prefer it a little, well a lot, unkempt... May not look that great, but it suits my personality - and I wear it up and clipped for a professional appearance or straighten it for a less loose look...

:gossip: And I don't have to wash it NEAR as much....

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
virgovictoria said:
I'm another long-haired chick checking in! I'll be 36 and I have worn it many ways.... and I DO think it is a matter of personal affection, really.... I had my hair bobbed for many a moons and very tailored, if you will, and I just prefer it a little, well a lot, unkempt... May not look that great, but it suits my personality - and I wear it up and clipped for a professional appearance or straighten it for a less loose look...

:gossip: And I don't have to wash it NEAR as much....

I like your hair.