How to curb sweets?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
missperky said:
Yes it is, I have a prescription of Fastin in my cabinet, I will never use it again.
I don't have a mental picture of you as big enough that a doctor would give you a prescription for a weight loss drug.

But, then, we're all skinny on the internet :diva: :lol:

M

missperky

meangirl said:

I had bad enough side effects while using them to stop, chest pains and couldn't breathe was enough for me, but I have had good results with tenuate.

meangirl

Nice lady!
vraiblonde said:
I don't have a mental picture of you as big enough that a doctor would give you a prescription for a weight loss drug.

But, then, we're all skinny on the internet :diva: :lol:

She isn't big enough. But then, we always want to be skinnier than we are. :lol:

M

missperky

meangirl said:
She isn't big enough. But then, we always want to be skinnier than we are. :lol:

Trust me I'm big enough, and from my recent insulin change I gained 13lbs in a week and have lost 3 of that so far.

meangirl

Nice lady!
missperky said:
I had bad enough side effects while using them to stop, chest pains and couldn't breathe was enough for me, but I have had good results with tenuate.

What is tenuate? Is it a prescription? How do you get them.. as like Vrai said, you are certainly not big enough for most doctors to give them to.

meangirl

Nice lady!
missperky said:
Trust me I'm big enough, and from my recent insulin change I gained 13lbs in a week and have lost 3 of that so far.

I have seen pics of you MP and you are certainly NOT big by any means!

K

Katie

Here is how I beat my sweet cravings. Sugar Free Jello & Fruit.

I had some ice cream today as a treat, and it just tasted nasty. I won't do that again any time soon.

I am not a pusher of diet pills, because they might take the weight off, but when you go off the pills and start eating regular again. Won't the weight come back on?

Yeah for Vrai for taking weight off!!

M

missperky

meangirl said:
What is tenuate? Is it a prescription? How do you get them.. as like Vrai said, you are certainly not big enough for most doctors to give them to.

Yes a precription, by my height and weight and BMI I am big enough. I used tenuate before and lost 20 lbs in 4 months. I need to get back on, but can't right now.

M

missperky

meangirl said:
I have seen pics of you MP and you are certainly NOT big by any means!

If you go by my height I am 83 lbs overweight and that is for the high end for my height.

Pandora

meangirl said:
I see what you mean Pandora. I am going to go ahead and order it. I just told my husband...at least if I have a heart attack or whatever and die...I'll look good in my coffin. I told him to take my dead body to the tanning bed then bury me in a bikini! :lmao:

I told my husband today that I'll deal with the acid reflux :shrug: That is a minor detail and I just have to cut back what I eat and drink lots of water to side step it.

I've never had it before and I pitty anyone who does have it and it isn't a side effect of a medication. Yuck!

K

Katie

missperky said:
If you go by my height I am 83 lbs overweight and that is for the high end for my height.

You said 83 lbs, not 8.3 lbs?

You can take it off.

I need to lose 22 lbs more to be considered normal for my height, but I am going to drop 35-40 more just to be skinny-girl. My minimum weight for my height is 124, I want to be 6 lbs above that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Katie said:
I had some ice cream today as a treat, and it just tasted nasty. I won't do that again any time soon.
Doing Atkins cured me of sugar cravings - even after I stopped following the diet, I never got back any interest in ice cream, candy or desserts. That was the best part about Atkins - it showed me that it literally takes one week of detox to lose interest in things you used to crave before.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Katie said:
I am not a pusher of diet pills, because they might take the weight off, but when you go off the pills and start eating regular again. Won't the weight come back on?

Exactly. :yay: I'm not a fan of taking a pill either. My motto is this: if you can't fit into your favorite jeans, put the cupcakes/ice cream/bon-bons down. :smack:

Pandora

crabcake said:
Exactly. :yay: I'm not a fan of taking a pill either. My motto is this: if you can't fit into your favorite jeans, put the cupcakes/ice cream/bon-bons down. :smack:

Just wait till you reach around 40, you'll find out it doesn't come off as easy as it use to. :lmao:

K

Katie

Pandora said:
Just wait till you reach around 40, you'll find out it doesn't come off as easy as it use to. :lmao:

I am 34 and have hormone issues now.

I exercise everyday, eat whole foods, and skip the processed crap. I have dropped 50 lbs this year. Not bad...

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Pandora said:
It takes hard hard work, my friend. :lmao: My mom has 6 sisters, all who were very thin (think me :lol:) when they were younger, and when they hit 40, it all went downhill. My mom's the only one who managed to get up and over 40 without ballooning up. She goes to the gym ALL the time and maintains a healthy diet. :yay:

meangirl

Nice lady!
crabcake said:

I am of the mindset that a pill is a "quick fix." Use it if you must then stop taking it. The weight will be off and you'll feel so good about yourself that you won't resort to the cupcakes, etc. :shrug:

meangirl

Nice lady!
Nickel said:
It takes hard hard work, my friend. :lmao: My mom has 6 sisters, all who were very thin (think me :lol:) when they were younger, and when they hit 40, it all went downhill. My mom's the only one who managed to get up and over 40 without ballooning up. She goes to the gym ALL the time and maintains a healthy diet. :yay:

If she'd just take a pill she wouldn't have to do all that work. :killingme

J/K I think that's great!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pandora said:
Just wait till you reach around 40, you'll find out it doesn't come off as easy as it use to.
Beat me to it :lol:

I can remember the first time I hit 130 - I was 26 years old and that was HUGE for me. Shoot, I only weighed 145 when I was full-term with my kids.

I freaked out, started crying, and lost 20 pounds in a matter of weeks. Kept it off until I started Somd.com and sat on my butt all day.