did you daughter get hpv vaccine?

• yes

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • no

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters

bcp

In My Opinion
Wait 20 years and see all the side effects of it.

If the government thinks its good, its not.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
The girls getting the vaccine are the same ones wearing artificial fragrances and parabens. Kinda' defeats the purpose, eh? :lol:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Wait 20 years and see all the side effects of it.

If the government thinks its good, its not.

I don't have a daughter but this is how I feel about it. The government thought Thalidomide was safe for pregnant women in the 1950's too. :whistle: Look at how many other GOVERNMENT-APPROVED prescription drugs are pulled off the market every year.

PrepH4U

I don't have a daughter but this is how I feel about it. The government thought Thalidomide was safe for pregnant women in the 1950's too. :whistle: Look at how many other GOVERNMENT-APPROVED prescription drugs are pulled off the market every year.

:yeahthat:
Not to mention the recalls for hormone replacement therapy & birth control for women, arthritis drugs vioxx & celebrex etc.....

Sherlock

Casserhole!
That's a pretty harsh statement! Not all people with STD's are "Dirt Bags". Even clean & healthy looking people with good back grounds can get an STD. With this HPV Vaccine, it only covers the virus that can cause Cervical Cancer later in life. If that vaccine was out when my Daughter was younger, she would have gotten it.

You should call yourself Roman War Helmet instead. Anyway, sorry to hear you have an STD :huggy:

drivingdaisy

If I had a daughter, I would. Depending on her age, I might not tell her what the vaccine was for just that it was a vaccine.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
For those of us who had to go look it up:

Why the HPV vaccine is important

Genital HPV is a common virus that is passed from one person to another through direct skin-to-skin contact during sexual activity. Most sexually active people will get HPV at some time in their lives, though most will never even know it. HPV infection is most common in people in their late teens and early 20s. There are about 40 types of HPV that can infect the genital areas of men and women. Most HPV types cause no symptoms and go away on their own. But some types can cause cervical cancer in women and other less common cancers— like cancers of the anus, penis, vagina, and vulva (area around the opening of the vagina) and oropharynx (back of throat including base of tongue and tonsils). Other types of HPV can cause warts in the genital areas of men and women, called genital warts. Genital warts are not a life-threatening disease. But they can cause emotional stress and their treatment can be very uncomfortable. Every year, about 12,000 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer and 4,000 women die from this disease in the U.S. About 1% of sexually active adults in the U.S. have visible genital warts at any point in time.
Which girls/women should receive HPV vaccination?

HPV vaccination is recommended with either vaccine for 11 and 12 year-old girls. It is also recommended for girls and women age 13 through 26 years of age who have not yet been vaccinated or completed the vaccine series; HPV vaccine can also be given to girls beginning at age 9 years.
Will sexually active females benefit from the vaccine?

Ideally females should get the vaccine before they become sexually active and exposed to HPV. Females who are sexually active may also benefit from the vaccine, but they may get less benefit from it. This is because they may have already gotten one or more of HPV types targeted by the vaccines. However, few sexually active young women are infected with all HPV types prevented by the vaccines, so most young women could still get protection by getting vaccinated.

Neversaykever

For those of us who had to go look it up:

Why the HPV vaccine is important

Genital HPV is a common virus that is passed from one person to another through direct skin-to-skin contact during sexual activity. Most sexually active people will get HPV at some time in their lives, though most will never even know it. HPV infection is most common in people in their late teens and early 20s. There are about 40 types of HPV that can infect the genital areas of men and women. Most HPV types cause no symptoms and go away on their own. But some types can cause cervical cancer in women and other less common cancers— like cancers of the anus, penis, vagina, and vulva (area around the opening of the vagina) and oropharynx (back of throat including base of tongue and tonsils). Other types of HPV can cause warts in the genital areas of men and women, called genital warts. Genital warts are not a life-threatening disease. But they can cause emotional stress and their treatment can be very uncomfortable. Every year, about 12,000 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer and 4,000 women die from this disease in the U.S. About 1% of sexually active adults in the U.S. have visible genital warts at any point in time.
Which girls/women should receive HPV vaccination?

HPV vaccination is recommended with either vaccine for 11 and 12 year-old girls. It is also recommended for girls and women age 13 through 26 years of age who have not yet been vaccinated or completed the vaccine series; HPV vaccine can also be given to girls beginning at age 9 years.
Will sexually active females benefit from the vaccine?

Ideally females should get the vaccine before they become sexually active and exposed to HPV. Females who are sexually active may also benefit from the vaccine, but they may get less benefit from it. This is because they may have already gotten one or more of HPV types targeted by the vaccines. However, few sexually active young women are infected with all HPV types prevented by the vaccines, so most young women could still get protection by getting vaccinated.

Can boys also get this vaccine? or is there no benefit?