HPV vaccine

did you daughter get hpv vaccine?

• yes

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • no

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters

Roman

But if it prevents males from getting it, then it would mean they cant SPREAD it either, whether it affects them or not, right?

You are right. I know that it is the same vaccine, as LT wrote. What I meant to say that it's "Still in the works" as far as your Insurance covering it for Boys. I am sure that your Doctor will give them the Vaccine, but your Insurance may not pay. A series of 3 injections, and it's expensive out of pocket, but well worth it.

Neversaykever

You are right. I know that it is the same vaccine, as LT wrote. What I meant to say that it's "Still in the works" as far as your Insurance covering it for Boys. I am sure that your Doctor will give them the Vaccine, but your Insurance may not pay. A series of 3 injections, and it's expensive out of pocket, but well worth it.

Well i found this this morning anyways

I.Aetna considers Gardasil or Cervarix a medically necessary preventive service for girls and women aged 9 to 26 years.

II.Aetna considers Gardasil medically necessary for boys and men aged 9 to 26 years.

III.Aetna considers Cervarix experimental and investigational for boys and men. Cervarix has not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use in boys and men.

IV.Aetna considers Gardasil and Cervarix experimental and investigational for all other indications (e.g., head and neck cancer, recurrent respiratory papillomatosis, not an all inclusive list).

Note: Not all plans provide coverage of preventive services. Please check benefit plan descriptions for details.