Huge Explosion and Fire - near Ridge

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
About ten minutes ago, I heard the loudest explosion that I've ever heard before. Massive fire and tons of black billowing smoke. Called 911, but lots of others did too, apparently.

Anybody know what is going on?

BuddyLee

Football addict
BadGirl said:
About ten minutes ago, I heard the loudest explosion that I've ever heard before. Massive fire and tons of black billowing smoke. Called 911, but lots of others did too, apparently.

Anybody know what is going on?
You better get out, Ridge is only so big.:lol:

On a serious note, I hope everything is cool. Sounds like it could've been a propane tank or the like blowing up and that's not good.:ohwell:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Unless it was the world's largest propane tank, I'd say that it was something else. Seriously, at first it sounded like a plane had crashed.

BL, any chance that you heard the explosion up your way?

BuddyLee

Football addict
BadGirl said:
Unless it was the world's largest propane tank, I'd say that it was something else. Seriously, at first it sounded like a plane had crashed.

BL, any chance that you heard the explosion up your way?
We've got a lot of wood cover from my house to yours and plus I'm inside with this loud AC on, no chance of hearing it here. I sure hope it wasn't an airplane, although don't you think you'd hear the plane fly over before hitting the ground? I haven't heard any jets tonight. Where do you see smoke, which direction?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
It about a 1/2 mile north of us. 911 said that it was off of Trossbach Road. Now the area is beseiged by the noise of emergency vehicles. I just hope someone wasn't injured or killed.

It started out with a hellacious explosion and then had many smaller, subsequent explosions. Fire started out bright white to orange. Now the smoke has turned black.

BuddyLee

Football addict
BadGirl said:
It about a 1/2 mile north of us. 911 said that it was off of Trossbach Road. Now the area is beseiged by the noise of emergency vehicles. I just hope someone wasn't injured or killed.

It started out with a hellacious explosion and then had many smaller, subsequent explosions. Fire started out bright white to orange. Now the smoke has turned black.
:ohwell:

Perhaps a similar happening?

http://tv.ksl.com/index.php?sid=121578&nid=8&template=print

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
jazz lady said:
:yikes: That doesn't sound good. I hope nobody was injured or killed.
:yeahthat: And especially a SoMD forumite.

Hmmmmm. I wonder if the Solomon's Bridge will close because of this. :shrug:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
BuddyLee said:
If only I had a scanner.

Isn't there a web-site that you can pick up scanner traffic from different areas in the U.S. ? I'll do a quick search and have a look see!

BuddyLee

Football addict
AK-74me said:
Isn't there a web-site that you can pick up scanner traffic from different areas in the U.S. ? I'll do a quick search and have a look see!
I was wondering that myself but I didn't think it was worth thumbing through 50 google pages to find out they'd cleaned it up by then.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I found a link off of firehouse.com, but of course no St. Mary's county, although if you want to listen to Puducah, Kentucky dispatch it is available. D.C. is the closest I can find to tune into.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We just came back from a drive down the road where the explosion/fire occurred. Looks like a mobile home went up in flames, apparently the result of a very large propane tank explosion.

There is a family homeless tonight. :bawl:

BuddyLee

Football addict
BadGirl said:
We just came back from a drive down the road where the explosion/fire occurred. Looks like a mobile home went up in flames, apparently the result of a very large propane tank explosion.

There is a family homeless tonight. :bawl:
I'm psychic.

BuddyLee said:
Sounds like it could've been a propane tank or the like blowing up and that's not good.:ohwell:
BuddyLee said:
:yikes:

Was the family alright?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Maybe it was Eddie from "Christmas Vacation"....... you know "shitter's full" as he pumps the RV's poo into a storm drain.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
BuddyLee said:
I'm psychic.

:yikes:

Was the family alright?
Ok, Miss Clio, you were right. But if you are so clairvoyant, you should know how the family is doing.

Seriously, I have no idea how the family is doing. Too many fire trucks and other response vehicles blocking the view to get a good look. The ambulance was not in use, so that seems to be a good sign, though.

BuddyLee

Football addict
BadGirl said:
Ok, Miss Clio, you were right. But if you are so clairvoyant, you should know how the family is doing.

Seriously, I have no idea how the family is doing. Too many fire trucks and other response vehicles blocking the view to get a good look. The ambulance was not in use, so that seems to be a good sign, though.
Owwww baabby, I mouuuved up to mayland aftaaaa Kaatrina. Call me now (even though you shouldn't even have to call me because I'm psychic).

From what you described, at first it sounded horrific but hopefully the family made it out safely. This brings up memories of that older couple that got whacked head on near you on 235 last year.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Triggerfish said:
Or really bad sign.
It was sitting idle in the driveway of the house next door.. was thinking on site in case a freman gets hurt..

As loud as it was here, and granted it was within 1/4 of us, the neigbhors have to be deaf!!