Huge Explosion and Fire - near Ridge

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
itsbob said:
Total Loss.. One side there is nothing left but the metal frame... the other side, the walls are still up, but the inside is gutted..
Hard to believe anyone could survive that.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
itsbob said:
Total Loss.. One side there is nothing left but the metal frame... the other side, the walls are still up, but the inside is gutted..

How very sad. I can only hope there was an insurance policy to protect the unit and it's posessions.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Tigerlily said:
How very sad. I can only hope there was an insurance policy to protect the unit and it's posessions.

Always insure your unit... :cheers:

jenileigh

There was a undetected gas leak. When the AC kicked on during the night, it exploded. The occupant of the house made it out okay. But she lost everything.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
jenileigh said:
There was a undetected gas leak. When the AC kicked on during the night, it exploded. The occupant of the house made it out okay. But she lost everything.
.................including her hearing. Wow, think about it, if she was THAT close! :shocking:

Thank the Lord she's still alive!

Pegster710

The Pegster
Ok...

I got her name off the news cast on the radio. If anyone knows how to contact her family or her, please let me know ASAP so we can get some help put to her.

TIA! :huggy:

Pegster710

The Pegster
Just got an e-mail...

We found her - we're getting some money and food cards out to her right away.

I'll let you guys know how it's going as I get updates.

Thanks!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
jenileigh said:
WOW figured she got out of there because there was a fire first THEN the explosion.. I'd like to know how far UP that tank went.. and was glad to see a picture of the tank. It didn't "shrapnel", the bottom blew out, and off into space it went. Another great engineering job!

Read the article on Ridge VFD site, when they got there there was a second tank still intact and burning..

Last edited:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Dayum!

"Another propane cylinder which had exploded and landed approximatly 100 yards from the residence was discovered."

A hundred yards away!! That's a freakin' mortar round! :jet: Amazing nobody was injured.:angel: