Hummingbird 2024

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Just looked at one of the migration maps and see sightings into South Carolina. Might be getting close to the time to get the feeders ready.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I put my feeder up here in Garden City, SC 3 days ago. Have not seen any yet.

I always put my feeders out in MD at the end of March in case any were migrating through to further north.

TPD

the poor dad
I was in Tobago 3 weeks ago - there were lots of hummingbirds there. If I were a hummingbird, I think that's where I would stay...

Blue Hummingbird.jpg
Brown Hummingbird-2.jpg
Brown Hummingbird.jpg
Green Hummingbird.jpg
Hummingbird @ Feeder.jpg
Hummingbird Flying Away.jpg
Hummingbird.jpg

Ken King

PREMO Member
@TPD Isn't Tobago called Hummingbird Paradise? I've read that they have about 18 species. I'm just happy we get the ruby-throat up here.

TPD

the poor dad
@TPD Isn't Tobago called Hummingbird Paradise? I've read that they have about 18 species. I'm just happy we get the ruby-throat up here.
You could be right based on the amount and type of hummingbirds we saw - at least 4 different types, but I'm not a humming aficionado so don't ask.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Most northern report is in King George, VA. Time to get the feeders out and make some nectar.

frequentflier

happy to be living
My native coral honeysuckle is blooming on the back fence and actually had blooms through out the "winter". Regardless, I will put a feeder out on the front porch so we can enjoy seeing them!

Ken King

PREMO Member
Put a feeder out on Wednesday, haven't seen a bird yet but something is drinking the nectar.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I thought I saw a couple zooming around here yesterday, but I never saw them stop at the feeder.