hunting

do you hunt?

• Total voters

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
There's a .357 lever action rifle in my closet that hasn't been used in a while. I have no moral or philosophical objections to hunting, but I'd rather beg a little venison than freeze my azz off at O dark thirty in the woods.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
A BB gun is the most powerful ballistic weapon in my arsenal. I may very soon upgrade to a pellet gun, but I don't plan to hunt. The guns are to help control the little critters - like marauding squirrels and grackles and groundhogs and racoons and turkey vultures, and the occasional obnoxious cat.

Vince

Been hunting every year since I was 12. Always liked deer or pheasant hunting. Even if I quit hunting, I still like to shoot. Guns are fun. Got a few more and my next project is going to be a bigger gun cabinet.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
aps45819 said:
...but I'd rather beg a little venison than freeze my azz off at O dark thirty in the woods.
:yeahthat: Venison is yummy.

I'm conflicted about hunting and fishing. I used to catch crab and cook 'em up, loving every minute of it. But beyond that I have problems, and I haven't taken a whole lot of time to try and figure it out.

Vince

fddog said:
i hunt, And i will be out sat. at O dark 30 :coffee:
Going to Ohio to hunt blackpowder season the day after Christmas, maybe. If my eyeballs are healed up enough. Getting the surgery on the 20th of Dec.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Vince said:
Going to Ohio to hunt blackpowder season the day after Christmas, maybe. If my eyeballs are healed up enough. Getting the surgery on the 20th of Dec.
Lasic? Congrats, everybody I know that's had it done has loved it.

fddog

Bow wow
Vince said:
wow pushing it aint ya. You can hunt sunday in charles and st.marys this year, for deer.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Railroad said:
The guns are to help control the little critters - like marauding squirrels and grackles and groundhogs and racoons and turkey vultures, and the occasional obnoxious cat.

Careful about that. They're classified as raptors and are a protected species. (Yes, I know that they're disgusting and that they're as common as mice, but that's the way it goes sometimes. . .)

SamSpade

Didn't do it growing up, and didn't have friends or neighbors who did, either; I suppose it comes partly from living in the suburbs of major cities most of my life. Without a dad or uncle or brother-in-law who hunts - not much chance that I would have.

I wouldn't mind going now, except that I don't own a stitch of hunting gear, and my wife is opposed to having guns in the house. She's not opposed to ME hunting or fishing, just so long as there are no guns in the house, and no dead animals being brought into it to be "cleaned".