Votes: 2 20.0%
  • only one shot muzzloaders should be allowed

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • only hunting with knives and spears should be allowed

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Novus Collectus

Should we only hunt with bolt action rifles, or should we continue to allow hunting with semi automatic rifles like the AR15, the M1 Garand or the SKS?

Does it make a bit of difference as far as hunting if it "looks" military, is semi automatic, has a pistol grip, can fit a collapsable stock or has the ability to accept larger magazines?

Was Zumbo right before he redacted his statement? Are the VPC, the Brady Campaign, George Bush and Dianne Feinstein right when they say there is no legitimate use for "military style" (they call them "assault weapons") rifles?

Last edited:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Of course they should be allowed, who cares how the round gets fed into the chamber.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Anyone...

...got THE picture of an ar? The one where it has every conceivable accessory including what looks like a floodlight? :lmao:

Now THAT is a huntin' rifle!

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
If anything the Zumbo debactle hopefully showed the people at remington and the other traditional hunter only firearm makers is that the black rifle crowd is big and powerful in this country and it is not a good move to cross them.

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
Until game learns how to shoot back, you should continue to use manual operated actions...JMHO!:whistle:

Novus Collectus

If anything the Zumbo debactle hopefully showed the people at remington and the other traditional hunter only firearm makers is that the black rifle crowd is big and powerful in this country and it is not a good move to cross them.

Looks like Remmington got the message:

Attachments

• zzzr15.jpg
    zzzr15.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 109

JustynSayneBand

Should we only hunt with bolt action rifles, or should we continue to allow hunting with semi automatic rifles like the AR15, the M1 Garand or the SKS?

Does it make a bit of difference as far as hunting if it "looks" military, is semi automatic, has a pistol grip, can fit a collapsable stock or has the ability to accept larger magazines?

Was Zumbo right before he redacted his statement? Are the VPC, the Brady Campaign, George Bush and Dianne Feinstein right when they say there is no legitimate use for "military style" (they call them "assault weapons") rifles?

Well, when we're allowed to legally use rifles for deer hunting in Southern Maryland, I just might buy one.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Well, when we're allowed to legally use rifles for deer hunting in Southern Maryland, I just might buy one.

I know this thread is about hunting but the 2nd Amendment isn't and self-defense is still allowed in SOMD, although that seems questionable too at times. Point is, I own those rifles for reasons other than hunting, they do make more than adequate hunting rifles though, in many cases.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
I know this thread is about hunting but the 2nd Amendment isn't and self-defense is still allowed in SOMD, although that seems questionable too at times. Point is, I own those rifles for reasons other than hunting, they do make more than adequate hunting rifles though, in many cases.

Its not gona matter what we say. those who were not brought up around guns, alcohol, or tabacco do not realize what the country was founded on.

I do believe that Lee Harvey Oswald was using a bolt action rifle. How many rounds per minute do you have to fire at the specific target to change history????:shrug:

Novus Collectus

Its not gona matter what we say. those who were not brought up around guns, alcohol, or tabacco do not realize what the country was founded on.

I do believe that Lee Harvey Oswald was using a bolt action rifle. How many rounds per minute do you have to fire at the specific target to change history????:shrug:
Lincoln was shot and killed with a single shot muzzloader, and so were British Prime Minister, Spencer Perceval and US Secretary Alexander Hamilton.....so I guess the answer is one shot, period.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
oh you answered yor own poll before the voting was done. You are a dicktator:killingme:

at the end of the day people need some reason to believe:
Bruce springsteen 1975-1985 live:

Bonehead

None of the rifles you mentioned save the M1 Garand are anywhere near suitable for big game, varmints maybe with a .223 or 7.62 X 39 but not a white tail. Not enough energy at 100 yards for a humane kill. Who in their right mind hunts with an AR-15, SKS or any so called assault rifle ?

HunterJJD

None of the rifles you mentioned save the M1 Garand are anywhere near suitable for big game, varmints maybe with a .223 or 7.62 X 39 but not a white tail. Not enough energy at 100 yards for a humane kill. Who in their right mind hunts with an AR-15, SKS or any so called assault rifle ?

The AR is now made in many WSM calibers and also in 308 which is more then legal in rifle countys plus I have a custom AR in 6x45 that is also legal for deer in rifle areas

HunterJJD

I bought a DPMS LR 308 on Saturday :yay:

I guess you went to the show since all they had was AR.

What a waste of my time. That was not worth the 7$ I had to pay to get in. The place was have empty. The floor use to be full with venders they had less then half whatthey use to have and all they had was AR and old POS rifles