Hurricane Ian

GregV814

see!! see!!! WHITE castle..... clearly signaling!!!!! ever heard of indigenous castle??? NO, they lived in mangers like that Hispanic Jewish guy.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Update from my brother "It looks like it will most likely be a little stormy and rainy in the next few days. So far, it doesn't look like anything super bad. Will just keep an eye out and I'm going to bring the outdoor things upstairs in case of a little high water from the canal."

Of course, he said things can still change...

glhs837

Power with Control
One other item. If they get hit hard like they are projecting (hoping) those EV owners may need to wait 2-3 weeks (or more) to return while the electrical system is repaired. I wouldn't put EV charging stations higher on the repair list than the homes and apartments where people are living.

Well, you repair the main lines first, then get into neighborhoods. Given your charging stations are usually on main routes, its sort of baked into the process.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Well, you repair the main lines first, then get into neighborhoods. Given your charging stations are usually on main routes, its sort of baked into the process.
Assuming the comm lines get fixed too. Can't charge (in many cases) without communicating to the mother ship.

DaSDGuy

So if you live on the "main line" you can charge your EV. Got it.

BOP

I was messaging with my nieces and brother this afternoon. Nieces live in the Lakeland area. My brother lives in the Keys, works for a contractor on the Base. He said they flew out their planes to New Orleans yesterday afternoon. He said as of *right now it looks like they're expecting 30-40 mph TS winds. Things can change, of course.
My brother lives in Tampa, and has been securing his boat in preparation. They're expecting gusts over 100 mph.

BOP

Are you guys totally ignoring the fact that women, children and minorities will be unmercifully, injured and possibly effected, (affected) by this aberration of Biblical proportions? And our germ infested uninvited guests from other parts of the world will need free hotels and stuff like that! While, YOU fellow Americans stuff your faces with WalMart cheeseburgers and drink beer and soda, sitting on your barco-lounger, while watching POC men struggle with "the rock" this Sunday, (brought to you by your local Ford dealers)??!! How dare you!!! (Greta Thornbutt tone)...

I happen to know that Donald T Trump and his associates seeded the Gulf stream with Chinese chemicals to cause this once in a lifetime ravenous weather because of the MirroLargo debacle!!! And, that he he called Putin to have Xi Pingpong arrested!!!

I'm glad I finally switched political affiliation and started listening to the real news.
I need a bark-o-lounger.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
My brother lives in Tampa, and has been securing his boat in preparation. They're expecting gusts over 100 mph.
:yay: It will probably pick up steam in the Gulf, as well.

He's not too worried about it right now. They take all the precautions, of course.

He DID leave when Irma came around in Sept. 2017. Good thing. He lives on Cudjoe Key, which was ground zero.

22AcaciaAve

Damn it!!! I just scheduled a 3 hour tour from the coast, along with a scientist, a millionaire and his wife, a movie star and a farm girl from Kansas....

Don't worry, if you have a good first mate you will be fine. Rely on him. Pretty sure he's got your back!

glhs837

Power with Control
Assuming the comm lines get fixed too. Can't charge (in many cases) without communicating to the mother ship.

I think thats why they have started adding Starlinks to the SC sites.

So if you live on the "main line" you can charge your EV. Got it.

So, you need to decide which charging you are thinking is the problem,

If your house not on the main line has no power, head to a charger located on the main drag. You don't need to live there.

Which, being close to the main drag, will be one of the first places repaired because you get the most people back up and running the fastest.

If your house is close to a main line and has power, no problem.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
TWC showing 92 different spaghetti models does not help when you get people picking the ONE that has a direct line to SoMD and take that as their personal model.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
So, back to the hurricane. Now expected to make Cat4 before landfall just north of Tampa. Schools are already closed for the week so they can become storm shelters.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Some people are just clueless. They interviewed one couple preparing, getting supplies together. Their water..... a case of Perrier and a case of Fiji. I guess if you're going to be impacted, might as well do it in style.

Clem72

This gives all those EV owners time to charge, drive 300 miles, stop and wait in line to charge again then finally drive far enough away to feel safe.
Ha, my EV has a windmill on it to power the batteries. The storm is just gonna add range dummy.