Hurricane

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I hear that Kilauea is the Volcano God of Climate Change.

Perhaps if it's devotees were to hurl themselves into the lava lake it would appease the God and reverse climate warming change.
That only works when you offer up thousands. And you have to do it before the election and before they cast mail in ballots.

But as you know, the spirits of the recently departed will probably still vote democrat.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A map so when the weather people say "Big Bend" or "Panhandle" you'll know what they're talking about:

florida-zones.jpg

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Looks like the latest track takes the center just east of @vraiblonde , almost the same spot the last one came ashore. But it's interesting that the predicted track takes it inland, then a sharp left turn in TN/KY rather than a right turn towards the coast.
094338_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Looks like the latest track takes the center just east of @vraiblonde , almost the same spot the last one came ashore. But it's interesting that the predicted track takes it inland, then a sharp left turn in TN/KY rather than a right turn towards the coast.
View attachment 179639

Big Bend is still recovering from the last big storm that was supposed to get us but hooked a right and took them out instead.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Where is he?

I'll make the call in the morning.....at this point it's heading a good bit east of me. They're talking potential tropical storm, which along the Gulf means "Thursday". I'm prepped for a big storm, and prepped to run away from home if I need to. :yay:
Stay safe!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Talked to my cousin, T this afternoon. He lives about 6 miles or so from Vrai (we've all gone out to dinner and Karaoke together a few times) He's retired Navy and he and his wife retired in PCB from Ohio. Here's exactly what he said about them impending storm: "to the east of us, going to get wet and windy, but we should be ok". :jet:

That's T for ya! :killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just south of Tampa.

That's what I thought - the storm is headed for Big Bend and that usually means bad news for the peninsula as well.

And that sucks because the last big one nailed them but good. Debby got them last month, and then Idalia a year ago. In 2022 everyone here was flipping out about Ian, but we didn't see so much as a rain drop.

NOT-SO-FUN FACT: There were 5 deaths during Debby, 3 of which were car accidents. Idalia, 4 people died, 2 of which were car accidents. Moral: stay home and don't go out driving in the storm to reduce your chances of death by 50+%.

Bann

PREMO Member
2 of my nieces live in Lakeland, which is about 1 hour south of Orlando and 1 hour-ish east of Tampa and so far, so good. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Talked to my cousin, T this afternoon. He lives about 6 miles or so from Vrai (we've all gone out to dinner and Karaoke together a few times) He's retired Navy and he and his wife retired in PCB from Ohio. Here's exactly what he said about them impending storm: "to the east of us, going to get wet and windy, but we should be ok". :jet:

That's T for ya! :killingme

Oh good because if they were evacuating that would be my cue to leave as well. I know T isn't a hysterical nut so if he says go I'd take that to the bank.

Bann

PREMO Member
Oh good because if they were evacuating that would be my cue to leave as well. I know T isn't a hysterical nut so if he says go I'd take that to the bank
:yay:
AND they're from OHIO, soo....

But yeah, he's pretty laid back, for sure - and so is P!! :killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Normally I'm not afraid of extreme rain but tonight I'm nervous because of all the tweakers freaking out. I hate that :burning: lol

Radar says I need to chill.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Both my oldest sons were affected by Katrina, one in New Orleans, one in Pascagoula, Mississippi. Both were going to stay.

"Awe mom, we never evacuated when we were home (in SoMD)." When I saw that radar covering the entire Gulf of Mexico, I told them they better git outta there. And they listened, NOLA to Texas, MS to Georgia.

When he returned, NOLA had 5 foot waterline in his apartment.

MS had nowhere to go to, Biloxi was gone. He was in the Navy at the time, sent wife and 3 month old to live with us, he had to help clean up.

I hate when the weather men cry wolf, then people don't listen when they should.