Hurricane

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The big issue will be the storm surge more than wind, but looks like surge in your area is going to be pretty low. Should be able to ride this one out ok.

092336_peak_surge.png

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

A map so when the weather people say "Big Bend" or "Panhandle" you'll know what they're talking about:

View attachment 179632

This is personally intriguing. For the longest time, (which means forever), and I don't really know why, but I have always thought, assumed, that Florida's panhandle area, the northern boundary line for Florida, was a straight line east to west, just like Maryland's Mason Dixon Line. Even though I have seen and looked at Florida on maps, and driving routes over my lifetime, too many times to remember, and even visiting the state and seeing nearly every rest stop map, I never noticed that it isn't a straight flat line, but instead is in fact not straight. Even drove to Destin via I-10 from Jacksonville a couple of years ago, seeing Florida maps at stops. (Many of which were posted everywhere complements of Florida's toll system). It never clicked in my head.

Just an interesting personal insight observation I thought I share. I know there is a term for this, just can't remember it.