Hydrogen power...neglected option on the East coast

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Don't discount methane generation from the septic/compost system. Reliable, low pressure, minimal infrastructure, no additional energy to produce.
One of many interesting facets of my time working in the southern (very rural) parts of South Korea; the covered farm animal "crap pit" just outside the living quarters, with a small pipe to carry the methane in to the house for lighting and cooking...

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
One of many interesting facets of my time working in the southern (very rural) parts of South Korea; the covered farm animal "crap pit" just outside the living quarters, with a small pipe to carry the methane in to the house for lighting and cooking...
That's exactly what I was thinking of when I said 3rd world. That part of Korea may not be considered 3rd world, just rural, but it works.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
There's a dam on the Susquehanna river. That's too much hydro for me.

glhs837

Power with Control

And by those standards, that amount would be acceptable, but no way could you get Americans to accept living with what little you get from that, and of course, needing a crap pit right outside the house.. :) I guess I only really think of it from a what works on a national level sort of thing.