Hypothetical here...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
cattitude said:
I assume those of you that want to shoot or poision an poor animal because its ####### owners aren't really serious.
The ammonia trick doesn't poison them - the first whiff he gets will send him reeling so it's not like he's going to get far enough into the bag to ingest it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BuddyLee said:
What will Animal Control actually do?
Nothing. They'll say they'll stop by, but they have to actually catch the dog in the act before they can do anything about it. At least that's what they told me when I was having a similar problem with my neighbor dog.

smoothmarine187

BuddyLee said:
What will Animal Control actually do? Will they log it into a book or come out and make a big neighborhood hoop-la?

Only reason I ask is because I've never had any dealings with Animal Control.

if the dogs aren't tagged..they will take them away.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
BuddyLee said:
What will Animal Control actually do? Will they log it into a book or come out and make a big neighborhood hoop-la?

Buddy, animal control in St Marys is really cool unless your the bad pet owner. Then they are not so nice. So your cool, call them. They will help
as much as they can. Next time the dogs are loose gather them up and stick em the garage and then call AC to come get them. At least it will cost the homeowner every time they bail them out.

Toxick

Splat
BuddyLee said:

They gave me a trap.

Last year we had jerkoff neighbors who let their dog run wild. We called animal control every day for a week, until they finally caught the dog. I don't know what happened after that, but for two days the dog was blessedly out of sight.

Then it returned.

So we started harranguing animal control again, and they came out and gave us a trap - it's a cage that opens up, and has a pressure plate inside. When weight is applied to the plate the trap closes.

We caught and released about 15 racoons, 9 cats and one skunk before the freaking dog finally sprung the trap. We had animal control come get the dog.

The dog has never been on my property since.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Toxick said:
We caught and released about 15 racoons, 9 cats and one skunk before the freaking dog finally sprung the trap. We had animal control come get the dog.
I think we'll have to try this.:lmao:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
vraiblonde said:
The ammonia trick doesn't poison them - the first whiff he gets will send him reeling so it's not like he's going to get far enough into the bag to ingest it.

cayenne pepper :yay:

Gwydion

I'd say, video tape it, take the tape to yoru neighbors house and say, "your dog, clean it up now or Im callin animal control." If they clean it up, maybe they will learn to keep their dogs on a leash. If not, leave out some hot dogs with laxatives in it, and have fun when the neighbor has dog diarrhea all over his bed and living room carpet.

Sure, your lawn may get some, but thats what hoses are for!

Vince

Gwydion said:
I'd say, video tape it, take the tape to yoru neighbors house and say, "your dog, clean it up now or Im callin animal control." If they clean it up, maybe they will learn to keep their dogs on a leash. If not, leave out some hot dogs with laxatives in it, and have fun when the neighbor has dog diarrhea all over his bed and living room carpet.

Sure, your lawn may get some, but thats what hoses are for!
The laxative is not a bad idea. When the dog keeps getting diarrhea from eating out of your trash, maybe the neighbor will get the hint. :shrug:

Ponytail

Vince said:
The laxative is not a bad idea. When the dog keeps getting diarrhea from eating out of your trash, maybe the neighbor will get the hint. :shrug:

Works in the city. Should work anywhere. :yay: the only bad part is if the dog shiats in the house, and then gets beat for it. The way I look at it though, the pain is gone LONG before the stain is. :lol:

Cowgirl

I agree with calling animal control and setting the traps.....don't even call the owner any more...it isn't doing any good. When the owner has to pay the fines to pick up their dogs, they'll either keep them in their own yard or they'll decide not to pay the fines and their dogs will get adopted out to better parents who will love them and take care of them.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Well I know in St Marys if a dog is loose and bothering livestock you can shoot to kill...

I would call animal control and go that route..Its not the dogs fault but if the owners are not cooperative then this could go on awhile.

I would as mentioned video tape or take pictures...for poof on what dog it is..Animal control would appreciate that.

Gwydion

Ponytail said:
the only bad part is if the dog shiats in the house, and then gets beat for it.

Hrm, good point...maybe you should put a sign next to the trash can facing the owner that says

Dear Neighbor, I have placed laxatives in a hotdog and a bowl of bleach in my trash can this week and for the next few weeks. Just thought you would like to know. Have a good day

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Gwydion said:
Hrm, good point...maybe you should put a sign next to the trash can facing the owner that says

I like the idea of the sign. Only I would put it on a note and tape it to their front door so they would definitly see it.

punjabigyrl

Hnnnmmmm sounds horrible. I had a problem of the dogs doing thier business in my yard so I put tons of cayenne pepper where the dogs sniffed, I also put tons of cat food for the dogs. So thier nose burned and the had a bad case of diahrrea. and the next time I got my shot gun and waited like clock work the owner let them out and pointed at my house and as soon as he saw me take aim....they got dragged out of there...I shot pretty close to one of the dogs foot.... The owner just looked at me. then I picked up the crap and put it in his yard. Never had that problem again.

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Pete said:
Why don't you rake up the trash and throw it all over your neighbors yard?

That's what I would do. If he didn't get the hint, at 3 am when the younger pup wanted to pee, I'd kick his cans over and let her have at it. Being the sterotypical 6 mo-old lab that she is, he'd be busy for awhile.

By "those neighbors" are they just #######s or are they the cop calling type?

nomoney

punjabigyrl said:
Hnnnmmmm sounds horrible. I had a problem of the dogs doing thier business in my yard so I put tons of cayenne pepper where the dogs sniffed, I also put tons of cat food for the dogs. So thier nose burned and the had a bad case of diahrrea. and the next time I got my shot gun and waited like clock work the owner let them out and pointed at my house and as soon as he saw me take aim....they got dragged out of there...I shot pretty close to one of the dogs foot.... The owner just looked at me. then I picked up the crap and put it in his yard. Never had that problem again.

ummm........you're weird

Last edited: