I am down....

J

jp2854

cattitude said:
The only safe weight to lose weight and keep it off is to eat properly.

Cat is correct about that. Camily why dont you try weightwatchers they teach you portion control etc and you get to eat all the foods you like in moderation and its a lot safer than taking drugs to lose the weight which doesnt mean you will be able to keep it off. I also think 32lbs in 2 months is a bit fast to be losing the weight personally.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Congratulations Camily that is so awesome.

camily said:
I've had no problems. Only the dry mouth part.

:yeahthat: And sometimes my bottom teeth feel numb.

It gives me energy and it makes me feel full for a good amount of the day so that when I eat my regular meals I am eating for nourishment and not out of boredom. I also drink hot tea too because it helps curve any possible thoughts of snacking.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
jp2854 said:
Cat is correct about that. Camily why dont you try weightwatchers they teach you portion control etc and you get to eat all the foods you like in moderation and its a lot safer than taking drugs to lose the weight which doesnt mean you will be able to keep it off. I also think 32lbs in 2 months is a bit fast to be losing the weight personally.

Not at all. I know women who have lost more than that in two months and who are under a nutritionists care. Most of it is water weight anyway and the rest is just the difference between cutting out unhealthy foods and adding healthier fruits and vegetables.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
camily said:
BTW, that doesn't include the 160lb. piece of shiat I lost a week and a half ago. :lol:

:yay: I do SO understand that except mine was a little bigger weight loss. :wink:

Congratulations on the weight loss and I hope it is permanent. I've lost quite a bit myself and am still fighting the good fight to get the rest off. I used Weight Watchers to teach me how to eat well again and control portion size plus exercise. I highly recommend it to anyone seriously considering a lifestyle change versus just dieting. :yay:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
cattitude said:
The only safe weight to lose weight and keep it off is to eat properly.

And the hard task of exercising in some form regularly. That definitely helps to tone the body as you're losing weight.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
jazz lady said:
:yay: I do SO understand that except mine was a little bigger weight loss. :wink:

Congratulations on the weight loss and I hope it is permanent. I've lost quite a bit myself and am still fighting the good fight to get the rest off. I used Weight Watchers to teach me how to eat well again and control portion size. I highly recommend it to anyone seriously considering a lifestyle change versus just dieting. :yay:

I think if you're disciplined enough that works but you definitely have to have some form of discipline already. But I do not recommend the Medifast or Nutrisystem.

Those foods are :barf: and you will not eat all of the first month's supply unless you seriously have no money to go grocery shopping or is too proud to go to a soup kitchen.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
LexiGirl75 said:
I think if you're disciplined enough that works but you definitely have to have some form of discipline already. But I do not recommend the Medifast or Nutrisystem.

Those foods are :barf: and you will not eat all of the first month's supply unless you seriously have no money to go grocery shopping or is too proud to go to a soup kitchen.

That's why I like WW. You don't have to buy crappy food and I have yet to buy the first product put out by WW. It is a LIFESTYLE change not just a diet. I grocery shop with their guidelines in mind. It taught me to look at food in a new light, make nutritionally sound decisions at my food choices, and enjoy exercise.

And in any weight loss plan, you HAVE to be disciplined if you want to succeed and have the conviction of WANTING to lose and keep off the weight. It is like breaking any form of addiction - YOU have to want the change for it to succeed. Food sadly was an addiction for me and overeating was a symptom of my unhappiness. I took a very hard look at my life and changed what was making me unhappy. It hasn't been easy by any means and I'm not done yet but I'm much happier and content with myself now.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
jazz lady said:
That's why I like WW. You don't have to buy crappy food and I have yet to buy the first product put out by WW. It is a LIFESTYLE change not just a diet. I grocery shop with their guidelines in mind. It taught me to look at food in a new light, make nutritionally sound decisions at my food choices, and enjoy exercise.

And in any weight loss plan, you HAVE to be disciplined if you want to succeed and have the conviction of WANTING to lose and keep off the weight. It is like breaking any form of addiction - YOU have to want the change for it to succeed. Food sadly was an addiction for me and overeating was a symptom of my unhappiness. I took a very hard look at my life and changed what was making me unhappy. It hasn't been easy by any means and I'm not done yet but I'm much happier and content with myself now.

:yay: This can't be stressed enough.

Many people decide to change their eating habits every New Year and every spring/summer because we fall into that commercial hooplah and then when the push of it all is no longer in our faces (tv, friends, magazines, etc.) we get off track because the in your ear motivation is gone. That's why it has to be a self-choice a lifestyle change and be ongoing and progressive to the point that it plays a huge role in how you buy groceries, eat out, cook and snack.

You are doing a great thing Jazz :clap: So many of us are in that same boat so it helps to know that we are not alone and knowing that others are successful helps keep us motivation.. :huggy:

L

L8trHtr

Great Job Camily & Lexi! :howdy:
I tried NutriSystem for 2 days and the food SUCKED!!! I promptly returned the food to sender and got a full refund.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
camily said:
BTW, that doesn't include the 160lb. piece of shiat I lost a week and a half ago. :lol:

sweet! so how did you do it? ok I should have reaqd through all the posts first.....I am doing great on mine also....still using the betty crocker cook book, no pills and exercise.

Last edited:

camily

Peace
kwillia said:
It sounds like you are doing pretty well with it. I was curious as to what it was and looked it up... I posted the info so that others will have some facts. When are you gonna start "weaning" yourself off of the drug? Are you doing this under a doctor's care?
Yeah, under an internet doctors care. :lol:
Seriously though, I have been on it before an had no problems geting of it.

camily

Peace
I actually think that the release of pressure in my life has added in the weight loss. Of course, he came over and talked to me for about a 1/2 hour on the phone today. Wonder how his beyotxch would feel about that?

camily said:
I actually think that the release of pressure in my life has added in the weight loss. Of course, he came over and talked to me for about a 1/2 hour on the phone today. Wonder how his beyotxch would feel about that?

Congrats on the weight loss Camily. :yay:

meangirl

Nice lady!
camily said:
Yeah, under an internet doctors care. :lol:
Seriously though, I have been on it before an had no problems geting of it.

PM me your internet doc when you get a chance. There is something I've been wanting my own doctor won't give me. :yay:

K

Kain99

Camily baby.... I have it on good authority you ate your "POS husband." What's the story? :killingme :love: