I am losing my mind!

breezy9999

So new horse check! Trailer situation check! Selling my horse I have, not checked! What to do! Have to find her a new home before I can bring new guy home. Any ideas anyone? Seems like all of this couldn't have happened at the worst of times for me! Aaaaahhhh! Don't wanna pass this horse up :(

breezy9999

Too bad she didn't just lease it and do a low-mileage return, huh?

Lol trust me she is well taken care of and I was going to lease her but my husband is being a jerk. This other horse was offered to me and is perfect for me and the kids. My girl now is not a kid type horse. I have tried everything but she is too much for them. Wasn't in such a rush till this new guy came along. Got an ultimatum she has to be sold not leased in order for me to be allowed to get this other horse. I am very frustrated right now and I ONLY want her to go to a GOOD home!

Last edited:

breezy9999

I wouldn't take that abuse. :ohwell:

I know trust me I have been arguing a lot about it with him. Maybe I should lease her anyway! She is my horse and I take care of and pay for her. He just wants the money. I'm fine with leasing her to the right person.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Hmm

Lol trust me she is well taken care of and I was going to lease her but my husband is being a jerk. This other horse was offered to me and is perfect for me and the kids. My girl now is not a kid type horse. I have tried everything but she is too much for them. Wasn't in such a rush till this new guy came along. Got an ultimatum she has to be sold not leased in order for me to be allowed to get this other horse. I am very frustrated right now and I ONLY want her to go to a GOOD home!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Why isn't she a kid type horse? Can you tell us more about her? Winter is surely THE hardest time to sell/place a horse as you know.

breezy9999

Why isn't she a kid type horse? Can you tell us more about her? Winter is surely THE hardest time to sell/place a horse as you know.

Well she is a tb who is not at all quiet on the ground. She likes to jig and randomly spook at things. She is great under saddle. I can't involve my kids with brushing her and feeding her because I really don't trust her enough not to run them over when she doesn't want to be bothered with people or spooks at some random noise. For me she is great because I am not intimidated by that but for small kids not so much. I'm just looking at what is best for my AND my kids situation. I have tried to work with her with what free time I have. I understand all of your opinions and I know its not her fault. Why keep a horse that isn't right for us? I want her to go to someone who will have the time to work with her and ride her regularly. She is a nice mare just not for me. Thanks!

breezy9999

And as for timing I know this time of year sucks for selling! However an opportunity arose and I want to take it. I just wanted advice from someone who has had this type of situation or had to make a hard decision like this before. I do care about my mare and that's why I decided to sell her to someone who will be better suited for her. I had her advertised way before this opportunity. Unfortunatly I don't own my own land and have to pay board. So therefore have to make a decision. Thanks!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
oh ok - it's is a lot harder to keep a horse (cost), than say a cat, when it doesn't fit into the family well. So I do understand where you are coming from.

I've got an extra mouth I feed merely because I wanted a buddy for my mare. I adopted him from a rescue and apparently he had bad experiences in the past with children and men. Took several years of female farriers before he was alright with a male farrier, and he still spooks and is jumpy.

I've had him for 3 1/2 years now. I had a professional trainer work with him and he did get better under-saddle, but he still has some trust and spooking issues. It was suggested to me that I get him in the company of CALM, well trained horses as an example for him to follow for trail rides.

If you don't find a placement for her, maybe you can work with her? My gelding really has come a LONG way in the past 3 years. At first I wasn't even able to touch his neck, let alone his head (extremely head shy) but NOW? He gets kissed on the nose and I braid his mane .... cutting his bridle path is still an issue (sound of clippers), but overall he has improved amazingly over the years I've had him.

Sure would be nice if she could be a buddy for the new horse? Horses seem to be much more comfortable when they have buddies. My mare sure did calm down a lot once she had a buddy. I wish you the best with her.

Well she is a tb who is not at all quiet on the ground. She likes to jig and randomly spook at things. She is great under saddle. I can't involve my kids with brushing her and feeding her because I really don't trust her enough not to run them over when she doesn't want to be bothered with people or spooks at some random noise. For me she is great because I am not intimidated by that but for small kids not so much. I'm just looking at what is best for my AND my kids situation. I have tried to work with her with what free time I have. I understand all of your opinions and I know its not her fault. Why keep a horse that isn't right for us? I want her to go to someone who will have the time to work with her and ride her regularly. She is a nice mare just not for me. Thanks!

breezy9999

Thanks ark! She does have a friend. I have a friend that boards with me in the same field and barn, if I could afford board for two I would keep her. I talked to my husband about leasing her out to someone who has experience but he said he doesn't want to get stuck paying for two horses if that falls through. I get that. So I may end up passing this horse up. I haven't had anyone contact me about her yet. Sucks when you can only have one but I would never take on another one if I can't afford proper care for them. Thanks a lot!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I do not know Breezy at least I do not think I do..Breezy correct me if I am wrong..Horses are expensive to keep and there are too many good ones out there then to have a bad one under roof..I have sold 2 or 3 this summer/fall..the last being a 20 yr old Paso that got a wonderful home in Maine. To be a kids horse. I just needed to cut back on mouths to feed as my income has not been as well as it has in the past.

Breezy tell me about your mare. What are you asking for her? Consider cutting your losses and let her go cheap..cheaper...

I sold a Paso and a walker this summer for $2500 and $1500 both were $4K horses in a good market..which we do not have..especially with winter coming and the drought we are having..or had when it was important. I am traveling to Pa and bringing back 20 plus rounds at a time to feed. Times are hard..make sure you are selling at a price this market can handle..

ps have you seen what auction/slaughter horses are going for? Less then what a good dinner will cost you..good luck

breezy9999

You are right Paso! I have lowered her down to 700 wich I feel is more than fair for a nice mare. Even with her goofy behavior. She is a really nice ride! Actually better under saddle than on the ground if that makes any sense lol! I'm just stressed mainly because of my husband. I'm just looking at my kids safety. Thanks for your help!

sunflower

Loving My Life...
And as for timing I know this time of year sucks for selling! However an opportunity arose and I want to take it. I just wanted advice from someone who has had this type of situation or had to make a hard decision like this before. I do care about my mare and that's why I decided to sell her to someone who will be better suited for her. I had her advertised way before this opportunity. Unfortunatly I don't own my own land and have to pay board. So therefore have to make a decision. Thanks!

Keep the poor horse you already have..... :doh: