I have been predicting this for a very long time

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Do you seriously believe that the reason the Democrats voted against cloture was to make the bill better? Or, to kill the bill....
What I believe is that it was using the processes available to them to send a big F U back at the majority for the stunt they were trying to pull with the submission of the bill in the manner that was being used. It is what the Senate has devolved to these days.

Could the bill be made better? Yep, but I don't think that it was the intent of the originator to offer up a good bill that looked out for the interest of the child or the mother seeking/needing a late term abortion.

This_person

What I believe is that it was using the processes available to them to send a big F U back at the majority for the stunt they were trying to pull with the submission of the bill in the manner that was being used. It is what the Senate has devolved to these days.

Could the bill be made better? Yep, but I don't think that it was the intent of the originator to offer up a good bill that looked out for the interest of the child or the mother seeking/needing a late term abortion.
All that, and you admit now that their voting against cloture had nothing to do with debate ending or making a better bill.

Why would you do that? Why would you lie repeatedly about your thoughts on the process when you knew you were lying the whole time?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Lie about what? I was speaking to the process the whole time, that it wasn't a vote on the merits nor putting anyone's position on record. Now you, on the other hand, are the liar. You claim that all life is of value yet you would allow for the killing of a born alive child.

This_person

As I understand this, it was a vote on whether or not to invoke cloture and not on the merits of the bill. It seems that some wanted to continue debate before moving it forward.
On record for what, that they wanted to continue with debate before voting on the bill? No one, R, D, or I, is on record for what they support.
No, that is the entire point, this vote was about the process and not the merits of the bill.

So, the vote was all about ending debate - all about process. Seems pretty clear that was your point.

What I believe is that it was using the processes available to them to send a big F U back at the majority

Or, you were lying the whole time, fighting that the point was ending debate when you really think it was "a big F U" to the majority.

When I say you're lying, I mean when you say X, and then say you really believe Y.

This_person

Now you, on the other hand, are the liar. You claim that all life is of value yet you would allow for the killing of a born alive child.

I would - and I value life. Those two things are not incompatible. I said that I would accept euthanasia for a person who is unconscious and is not expected to ever recover. That is if they are two hours old, two years old, twenty years old, or eighty two years old, or any other reasonable age of existence. It is about whether or not they will ever have a life. Not a "good enough" life, or an intelligent life, or a life where they have enough money, or a life where they are not an inconvenience to their mom, or any other arbitrary and idiotic reason that a mother can choose to kill their child. This is about whether or not they will experience life, and it is up to the family involved. This is far more true for a person who chooses and expresses they would like to have the plug pulled (colloquially speaking) if they are ever in such a position than for an infant, but I do believe a respectful euthanasia is better than starting and living life as a soulless vegetable.

You may find that the same thing as "my boyfriend doesn't want me to get stretch marks, so I'm going to kill my baby" or "I never wanted to be a mother, and I want to be able to afford college, so I'm going to kill my baby" or "oh, my goodness, this is a girl and I wanted a boy, so I'm going to kill my baby" or "Downs Syndrome is no way to go through life so I'm going to kill my baby." All of those "convenience of the mother" reasons are NOT reasons to allow euthanasia. That you can't see the difference is really on you, not on my position.