I just bought Boy some cold medicine

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
vraiblonde said:
Meth must be some really expensive stuff if druggies will buy pricey cold medicine to make it.

The actual ingredient they use is not that expensive (pseudoephedrine) by itself, but it's made in combos with more expensive stuff like Mucinex-D, Claritin-D, etc. For a while there was just a restriction on how much you could buy at once, but alot of druggies were just swiping the stuff.

It's like any annoying law- it's either to protect us from idiots or protect idiots from themselves.

MMDad

Lem Putt
vraiblonde said:
:roflmao:

OMG! Lock up the cold medicine so the terrorists don't win!! :jameo:

You gotta wonder what these tards are thinking.

You're going to be shocked by this one: Diane Feinstein takes credit for putting it in the bill.

vraiblonde said:
Meth must be some really expensive stuff if druggies will buy pricey cold medicine to make it.

They don't buy it, they steal it. That's why it makes so much sense to restrict the legal purchase without doing anything to actually prevent theft.

Callie girl

vegmom said:
Just wait- they will have to put cough syrup behind the counter too because of the dumb kids that are "Robotripping".

So glad I'm no longer a pharmacy tech.

I'm so behind, I just heard about that last night someone was saying something at work. I couldn't buy my son cold medicine once because I had lost my license and they wouldn't let me buy it without it. So I had to call and have his dad pick it up.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Pete said:
So I wonder if I should wait until after football practice to give him one.

I wouldn't give it to him tonight at all. I know he's got some weight to him, but is it recommended for kids? I know they make a Mucinex for kids.

jenbengen

Watch it
Pete said:
and I had to have my drivers licence scanned, a thumb print, a retina scan and a stool sample.

When did this start?

Love the "don't taze me bro" as your signature. Just watched the entire video. :lmao:

Yes, I had to have a criminal report done on myself when I purchased a med last winter for my kid. It's crazy that we have gotten to this point. :jameo:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
MMDad said:
You're going to be shocked by this one: Diane Feinstein takes credit for putting it in the bill.
:roflmao: I should've known....

They don't buy it, they steal it. That's why it makes so much sense to restrict the legal purchase without doing anything to actually prevent theft.
:roflmao:

What a bunch of tards.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
vraiblonde said:
Yes because any cold med that works will make you zizzy.

I thought I've heard that any of that stuff combined with exercise isn't really a good thing at times.

Pete

Repete
cattitude said:
I wouldn't give it to him tonight at all. I know he's got some weight to him, but is it recommended for kids? I know they make a Mucinex for kids.
I will wait until tomorrow morning and give him half.

jenbengen

Watch it
cattitude said:
I thought I've heard that any of that stuff combined with exercise isn't really a good thing at times.

Make sure he's drinking a lot of fluids, too. It'll dry you out big time. If he is exercising on top of that, he'll really need the extra water.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
cattitude said:
I guess it depends on the person, but the only problem I've ever had with cold meds is that disoriented feeling.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pete said:
I will wait until tomorrow morning and give him half.
I'm a big fan of TheraFlu. Give him a packet of that tonight before he goes to bed - he'll wake up tomorrow good as new.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
vraiblonde said:
I guess it depends on the person, but the only problem I've ever had with cold meds is that disoriented feeling.

Not the cold med actually, but ephedra...it can cause a racing heart..so I was just thinking out loud. :jet:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
vraiblonde said:
I'm a big fan of TheraFlu. Give him a packet of that tonight before he goes to bed - he'll wake up tomorrow good as new.

Works pretty good too. :yay: So do the Zicam products.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
MMDad said:

They could just require it be kept behind the counter to prevent theft (we had to do that at my old store with some pricey stuff like nicotine gum). What I think they are trying to accomplish by having the records is to see who is buying big truckloads of the stuff. Otherwise, people could hop from one pharmacy to the next buying their legal alotment each time.

Like I said- glad I don't work the pharmacy counter any more.

Pete

Repete
vegmom said:
They could just require it be kept behind the counter to prevent theft (we had to do that at my old store with some pricey stuff like nicotine gum). What I think they are trying to accomplish by having the records is to see who is buying big truckloads of the stuff. Otherwise, people could hop from one pharmacy to the next buying their legal alotment each time.

Like I said- glad I don't work the pharmacy counter any more.
the little disclaimer I signed said you are limited to 3.6 grams a day.

nanstime

Pete said:
So I wonder if I should wait until after football practice to give him one.
I would with all the running they do.What team and poundd does he play for? I really hope he gets rid of it fast.I have had it for 4 days now:(