I just bought Boy some cold medicine

Cowgirl

I bought the Mucinex D once....and it didn't even effect me. Nothing...still stuffed up. :shrug:

Pete

Repete
nanstime said:
I would with all the running they do.What team and poundd does he play for? I really hope he gets rid of it fast.I have had it for 4 days now:(
He has had it for 3 days. He is a big kid.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Pete said:
Just called his pediatrician, he said at 114 lbs and almost 11 he can take it with no restrictions.

I figured since he was a bigger kid, he probably could. I'd still only give it to him in the morning.

Is he coughing? If he's not, he doesn't need the D.

onebdzee

off the shelf
MMDad said:
Part of the Patriot Act.

Psuedoephedrine is used to make Meth. That's the active ingredient in Sudafed. The repalcement, Sudafed PE, doesn't have the same restrictions, but it doesn't work for sh*t.

:yeahthat:

AND....

A couple of years ago, the "drug of choice" in the high/middle schools was over the counter cough and cold medicine, Tylenol PM, and anything with Diphenhydramine/Psuedoephedrine in it

It would make the kids hallucinate

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
onebdzee said:
It would make the kids hallucinate

When I take any of that type of stuff before I go to bed, I feel like I'm floating over my body and see myself sleep...it's the wierdest thing. I don't like the feeling at all.

Pete

Repete
cattitude said:
I figured since he was a bigger kid, he probably could. I'd still only give it to him in the morning.

Is he coughing? If he's not, he doesn't need the D.
the "D" is for decongestant not coughing. I asked him about before football practice and he said it was fine. I may wait anyway to be sure.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Pete said:
the "D" is for decongestant not caughing. I asked him about before football practice and he said it was fine. I may wait anyway to be sure.

:doh: I was thinking of the DM one. Never mind....:lol:

If it were my kid, I'd wait, especially if he's never taken it before. All meds affect people differently.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Pete said:
No just 1 box. They wont let you buy more than one.

Actually, by law, you can buy 3.6 grams per day. Since the Mucinex contains 60 mg per tablet, you could buy as much as 60 tablets per day. You cannot buy more than 9 grams per month, which would be 150 tablets.

I have no doubt that the incredibly knowledgable and intelligent people working the counter don't actually know the law they are enforcing and told you something that was not true.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
cattitude said:
When I take any of that type of stuff before I go to bed, I feel like I'm floating over my body and see myself sleep...it's the wierdest thing. I don't like the feeling at all.

The dyphenhydramine does it to me. affects my central nervous system, it feels like I want to crawl out of my skin. Cant take the stuff.

Pete

Repete
MMDad said:
Actually, by law, you can buy 3.6 grams per day. Since the Mucinex contains 60 mg per tablet, you could buy as much as 60 tablets per day. You cannot buy more than 9 grams per month, which would be 150 tablets.

I have no doubt that the incredibly knowledgable and intelligent people working the counter don't actually know the law they are enforcing and told you something that was not true.
I saw the 3.6 grams a day on the agreement, I did not notice the 9 grams a month. The lady at the counter didn't say only one box, I assumed that. besides she scanned my DL so if their eye in the sky knew I was going over the limit I am sure alarms would have gone off and FBI agents would have dropped form the overhead.