I just won the lottery and don’t want to share my winnings with my husband

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But the woman says, “That doesn’t seem fair to me since I bought the ticket, scratched it, and cashed it in for the money myself.”

[clip]

The top comment, with 15k likes, reads: “You’re the a**hole, and legally, he is entitled to half. Also, you are forgetting the ‘for better or for worse part’ of marriage. Why would you not celebrate together?”

“Yeah, the first thing that struck me was why are you married to this guy if you don’t want to share this with him or go travelling with him?” someone echoed.

Someone else broke it down like this:

“Let’s review:

• You don’t want to celebrate your winnings with your husband.
  • You certainly don’t want to share the winnings with your husband.
  • And you don’t want to travel with your husband.
Why are you married?”

And then another person summed it up like this: “Why don’t you like your husband?”

A different woman added, “I don’t know any healthy relationship that wouldn’t ‘treat’ their partner and I don’t know how you could go on a holiday of a lifetime without your partner.”

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
My Ex won several thousand dollars right after we separated and never told me about it (I found out when the tax statement came in the mail) but had I won he would have had his hand out if he knew. Guess who paid taxes on that money? Not me LOL

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
INFO

Do they have children? How long have they been married? How old are they? If he won would she expect him to split with her?

Anyway, if he hurries he can get half the winnings in the divorce. :jet:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
A man comes home one day and says, "Guess what honey? Pack your bags, I won the lottery!"

The wife squeals with delight and says, "That's great! Should I pack for the mountains or the beach?"

He says, "I don't care, just get out!"

SamSpade

A man comes home one day and says, "Guess what honey? Pack your bags, I won the lottery!"

The wife squeals with delight and says, "That's great! Should I pack for the mountains or the beach?"

He says, "I don't care, just get out!"
That's one of my favorite and most oft told jokes.
First time I heard it, a friend told me and when we were laughing so hard, his wife shouted from upstairs - "you know you're sleeping down there tonight, just so you know".

He looked and me and said more quietly - I can watch ESPN ALL NIGHT!