I love the smoking ban

angieanderic

And here is why..I read an older thread about how everyone was all pissed about it and I belive Vrai said that she can't wait until non smokers can be forced to give up things. Reading this made me wonder,if banning smoking in public places is no different than banning fatty foods,etc.,as was said in that thread,then why not just have equality for everyone? I will breathe your smoke,you will take a half of my burger. I will let my kid scream in public,you get to let yours scream at me. I guess the whole thing seemd kind of strange to me that people do not get it that an INHALED TOXIC substance lit in public should not be acceptable. Fat people who overeat,so what? You can eat a salad and it never hurts you. My kid screams and yells..you plug your ears,or tell them to shut up. No harm done. But to impose your choice to kill yourself is wrong. I love the smoking ban!

GreenHornet

And here is why..I read an older thread about how everyone was all pissed about it and I belive Vrai said that she can't wait until non smokers can be forced to give up things. Reading this made me wonder,if banning smoking in public places is no different than banning fatty foods,etc.,as was said in that thread,then why not just have equality for everyone? I will breathe your smoke,you will take a half of my burger. I will let my kid scream in public,you get to let yours scream at me. I guess the whole thing seemd kind of strange to me that people do not get it that an INHALED TOXIC substance lit in public should not be acceptable. Fat people who overeat,so what? You can eat a salad and it never hurts you. My kid screams and yells..you plug your ears,or tell them to shut up. No harm done. But to impose your choice to kill yourself is wrong. I love the smoking ban!

I concur. The smoking ban was never about taking rights away. Instead, it is about protecting non smokers from potentially harmful carcinogens. Much like stricter EPA regulations on certain harmful substances and chemicals. Nice commentary.

GH

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How about...

...dihydrogen monoxide? Do you know how common that is in public places? Do you know what that does to a human being with repeated exposure? Or hydrogen oxide? Just as common. No one is doing a damn thing about it. Or hydrogen hydroxide? About the same amount of concern; zip. Hydroxic acid? I guarantee you some gets into everything you drink in a restaurant, put there, perhaps unknowingly, perhaps on purpose, by employees. The owners know, at least some do. And???

In large doses, this stuff has killed people in as little as two minutes unlike the 60-80 years cigarettes often take. Best I can tell, it kills some 8,000 Americans, every year and it's not getting better. It is in your system, in greater quantities than is often acknowledged when we die. It can rot your skin. It can cause your kidneys to fail, liver damage. You name it.

What are we going to do about it?

GreenHornet

...dihydrogen monoxide? Do you know how common that is in public places? Do you know what that does to a human being with repeated exposure? Or hydrogen oxide? Just as common. No one is doing a damn thing about it. Or hydrogen hydroxide? About the same amount of concern; zip. Hydroxic acid? I guarantee you some gets into everything you drink in a restaurant, put there, perhaps unknowingly, perhaps on purpose, by employees. The owners know, at least some do. And???

In large doses, this stuff has killed people in as little as two minutes unlike the 60-80 years cigarettes often take. Best I can tell, it kills some 8,000 Americans, every year and it's not getting better. It is in your system, in greater quantities than is often acknowledged when we die. It can rot your skin. It can cause your kidneys to fail, liver damage. You name it.

What are we going to do about it?

The water joke is old... Can't you come up with something original.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I concur. The smoking ban was never about taking rights away. Instead, it is about protecting non smokers from potentially harmful carcinogens. Much like stricter EPA regulations on certain harmful substances and chemicals. Nice commentary.

Gay Homo

If that was true, why are cigaretts stil legal.

GreenHornet

If that was true, why are cigaretts stil legal.

Money.... They should be about as legal as everyother harmful drug which offers no medical benefits. I would include alchohol here but like cigarettes prohibition would never work. None of this changes the fact that both of these products can cause diseases which will eventually kill you.