I love this house

mrweb

Iron City
Pete said:
Taxes were estimated at $5K for that house, it seemed a bit high for a selling price of $174K

My thoughts as well. Pretty little town but not worth 5K in taxes. Now if Scotty could beam it down here.... :yikes:

Pegster710

The Pegster
huntr1 said:
I don't like the idea of the kitchen and the garage being on different levels, too much hassle bringing in groceries.

Third house is just too big for my taste.

Like the second house the best.

:yeahthat:

mrweb

Iron City
BadGirl said:
Ohhhhhh. I love this one.

Actually, all of the homes shown are beautiful. :yay:

This looks much like my neighbor's house across the street with I lived in Italy. I lived in a (very nice) townhouse on the other end of the cul-d-sac. :dance:

Cletus_Vandam

designerxboi said:
vraiblonde said:
http://houseplans.com/plan_details.asp?id=14046&st=45

This one is gorgeous; I love how the architecture looks.

Better like to climb stairs too... Three stories with the garage on the lowest level and the master bedroom on the third floor... sheww. Better like stairs A LOT! But I guess if you can afford that huge of a house, an elevator shouldn't be too far out of the budget either...

It's easy to look at a plan and elevations a say how nice they look, but how practical they are from a build-ability standpoint and how well they function are a totally different story. All those curves and angled walls are nice to look at, but they are expensive and they eat up the square footage, making the cost sky rocket.

IMO, unless your a builder, you'll go broke trying to build something like that.

Is someone looking to build one of these, or just dreaming? My best guess is that plan one:$600,000 w/o lot or site imrpovements; plan two: 400 to 450 w/o lot/imrpovements; likely to be close to $650k w/o site considering having four floors and two stairs....

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
1st floor master is the way to go if you plan on dying in the next house you build. My knees already sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies goin up the stairs we have now. The place we are getting ready to build has a 1 st floor master and the other rooms are upstairs. (No sneaking out or in by anyone) :lmao:

K

Kizzy

#1 - Forget it, I'm not carrying the grocies up the steps. It would be ok if you could beep the horn and make Larry carry them in. :shrug:

#2 - Very nice

#3- Ahh, somebody has to clean that house. It would take an hour just to vacuum the place, shesh.

kom526 said:
1st floor master is the way to go if you plan on dying in the next house you build. My knees already sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies goin up the stairs we have now. The place we are getting ready to build has a 1 st floor master and the other rooms are upstairs. (No sneaking out or in by anyone) :lmao:

:lmao: My husband and I have already decided that our next house is going to be all one level.

Pete said:
Taxes were estimated at $5K for that house, it seemed a bit high for a selling price of $174K

The taxes in PA are extremely high and that figure is low from what I know. I am sure it will be adjusted at settlement for the buyer at a much higher rate.

The house is beautiful, and there is one just down the street from the courthouse in Leonardtown that has the same roof pitch.

They just recently remodeled it and I think it turned out very nice. But a true Historian would frown on putting siding over the original wood exterior.