I love this house

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
Those are all beautiful, could you imagine cleaning one of those 5000+sq. ft homes.
I've already heard :
"If you can afford that, you can afford to hire a maid." BUt I hate other people cleaning my house- I just don't like other people touching my stuff.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Christy said:
So when are you building Vrai?
As soon as we figure out what we want. :lol:

He wants some big old honker 5,000+ sq. ft. I'm with Pvine and am totally against cleaning that much house. :twitch: Plus it's just going to be the two of us here in a couple of years so I can't see having some huge monstrosity.

Vince

I'm not going to be young forever and I don't need a big azz house to clean. 5000 sq ft on 4 or 5 acres is plenty. :twitch:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
vraiblonde said:
As soon as we figure out what we want. :lol:

He wants some big old honker 5,000+ sq. ft. I'm with Pvine and am totally against cleaning that much house. :twitch: Plus it's just going to be the two of us here in a couple of years so I can't see having some huge monstrosity.
My BIL works with a guy who is selling his 6200 sq ft house (on 9 acres and a pond) because it is too big for just him and his wife. The house is listing at 1.2 million in case you are curious. I just want the pond and land, but we did end up with a nice piece of property for our house.

Good Luck on finding a plan you like, it took us about 6-9 months to find the right one. :yay:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
mrweb said:
They remind me of one I fell in love with on a recent trip north to PA.

http://www.beithassociates.com/residentialview.asp?ID=13
I think I looked at this house about 8 years ago... it was 45K.. NO house in Franklin is worth that much, not even that one. I visited Oil City about 2 months ago, and brought back a Real Estate Guide, found three houses in there, livable condition, move in condition.. can buy ALL three for less then 100K.. and it's only 8 miles from the house mentioned in the link..

The Pennzoil Mansion went on the market for 350K, and after 6 months finally sold for 169K, and it's a legitmate mansion.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
mrweb said:
Been there and I do like the old Victorian houses. This one is in Franklin on the Alleghany River, about 45 miles north of Pittsburgh. Sell my house here, pay cash for that one and still have plenty to live on before I would have to work. But, alas (heavy sigh), youngest is going into H.S. and don't want to uproot. Besides, the taxes would kill me.
The only problem is when you run out of money there are no jobs there.. the oil companies all moved to Houston, the biggest employer is Penn DOT in Oil CIty.. and the taxes are atrocious.. I paid almost 3000 a year on a 45K house.. AND 45 K got me 3 Bedrooms, three levels, huge yard, and a swimming pool.. Highest paying job in town I found was delivering pizzzas!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
And Franklin is further then 45 miles from Pittsburgh.. a LOT more.. On a good day with no traffic it took me (in a G-Jet) at LEAST 1 hr 45 mintues to get there down I - 79... and that was cruising!! Franklin is closer to Erie then Pitt, and Erie is almost an hour away.