I sold the motorhome today

PJay

Same as I would if board mommy shared she was single and dancing around her living room again like she did when she and Larry split. It's normal to wonder...

TPD

the poor dad
Too late to worry about that now. Plus I don't see any 5 figure cash sales in my near future.

My understanding is that a bank must ask you where you obtained the money when you deposit over $99,999.99 in cash. In addition to filling out some sort of IRS form. In my case, neither 1 of those things happened. If some guys in poorly fitting suits knock on the front door, I'll know the credit union reported me.
Banks must file a CTR (Currency Transaction Report) when you deposit more than $10,000 in cash at one time. Something to do with money laundering.

True story - because of my business ventures over the years, I am familiar with CTRs and try to avoid them whenever possible, not because I am doing anything illegal but because I try to avoid government reporting whenever possible. A few years ago when I was handing over the reins of treasurer of a local organization I had been involved in, I told the new person to avoid cash deposits of $10,000, explaining the CTR process. This organization did have a couple times a year where fundraising would generate this much cash at once. The person taking over from me said it didn't bother her to have any CTR reports filed since she had nothing to hide. Low and behold, a year later when her security clearance was coming up for renewal, the investigator asked her about these large cash deposits, in an account that wasn't hers! But hey, what do I know - I'm just a dumb farmer right?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
To be honest, I wondered the same. Guess what? I almost asked :jet:
Of course, you're free to ask, and of course it's my perogative not to state that out here on the public boards. To my answer before -if it was anyone's business - they'd know.

Last edited:

PJay

Of course, you're free to ask, and of course it's my perogative not to state that out here on the public boards. To my answer before -if it was anyone's business - they'd know.

Yes..you made that clear already to the person that asked.

Louise

Ahh but they know each. Even though it happened over a decade ago, it was like yesterday in the beautiful mind of littleladylouise.

You should know, DixieSailorGirl. I hope you can figure out what happened to the upholstery in your car. Keep on postin’ on. Way too much fun. Thanks! ;)

Louise

She wants to be with the "in" crowd or cool kids on the block? She thinks she's important? 🤷

I didn’t know there was an “in crowd or cool kids” on this forum. What makes a member important? Please let me know. :sshrug: Learn something every day. Thanks. :) I should have expected this from you, considering the shiat you gave me years ago when I visited your pet store, and asked to meet you; after going to my dentist across the street. Take care.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
I didn’t know there was an “in crowd or cool kids” on this forum. What makes a member important? Please let me know. :sshrug: Learn something every day. Thanks. :) I should have expected this from you, considering the shiat you gave me years ago when I visited your pet store, and asked to meet you; after going to my dentist across the street. Take care.

No fear KookooCrackheads mom, you've never been in any cool kids club...

black dog

Free America
I thought the story went that you, being the altruistic human being that you always are, went out of your way to grace Pepper's Pet Pantry with your presence and that the owner of that establishment hid in the back under a table no less, and stubbornly refused to come out and see you, which makes me wonder how she managed to give you shiat from that position. Jedi mind trick maybe?

And thats what I remember reading...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
When I read this post at 1am, it looked different. I guess you re-considered your words and didn't think they quite made your point. 👍