I Was Attacked by the Biggest Bee EVER

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
I swear. It was a monster bee. And I had a book in my hand and swatted this thing several times - making contact, and it just shook it off and came back after me. I finally ran and hid in my house.

So I looked it up and I was right this sucker is a monster. Watch out for it. The website says if it stings you, its venom can dissolve your flesh! :jameo: :cds:

It is NOT native to our area but has been seen by other folks in our area. Freak out now. :jameo:

Asian Giant Hornet Facts | Wild Facts

Holy Crap it has a FACE!!! :cds:

drivingdaisy

I swear. It was a monster bee. And I had a book in my hand and swatted this thing several times - making contact, and it just shook it off and came back after me. I finally ran and hid in my house.

So I looked it up and I was right this sucker is a monster. Watch out for it. The website says if it stings you, its venom can dissolve your flesh! :jameo: :cds:

It is NOT native to our area but has been seen by other folks in our area. Freak out now. :jameo:

Maybe if you'd stop hanging out in your car at the callway foodlion parking lot, you'd stop "seeing" these "giant bees."

Misfit

Lawful neutral

We had an apple tree in my back yard when I was a kid and those things would always be buzzing around the apples. I remember once I had one chase me all the way to the house with an apple in its mouth.

havingfun

We get them on our back deck occasionally. I just swat them with the small tennis racket that I have for the carpenter bees. It makes going out to have a smoke more fun... Oh! and NEVER put them in your hand whether they are alive or dead... the venom will seep into your skin and could eventually cause blood curl and they'll have to amputate.... lol.

This made me chuckle. When carpenter bee season arrives, I pull up in my driveway to find my husband standing on our roof with a small tennis racket yelling "rat bastards" every time he swings at the bees.

dave1959

saw one at my house tonight.... very large...

General Lee

No actually they aren't similar and it's not even close. It wasn't a European Hornet.

Think comic book giant bee.

Ok, have you even found and identified what bee it is yet? There is nothing bigger in the mid atlantic area than a horse hornet (european hornet). But you keep saying it wasn't. So if its not a hornet than it was a bubble bee. No single bee flew from another country and ended up at your place.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Ok, have you even found and identified what bee it is yet? There is nothing bigger in the mid atlantic area than a horse hornet (european hornet). But you keep saying it wasn't. So if its not a hornet than it was a bubble bee. No single bee flew from another country and ended up at your place.

I have had an encounter with a horse hornet larger than the size of my tumb.... they can get very large...

General Lee

I have had an encounter with a horse hornet larger than the size of my tumb.... they can get very large...

Right, I agree. There is no other bee larger than a horse hornet in this region. No hybrids, no big fuzzie wuzzie's. So either it was horse hornet, bumble bee or a humming bird the OP saw.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Or it was the moth I posted about. :biteme:
I just killed one of those yesterday on my front deck. It sounded like a hummingbird in flight. I got him with my new bug zapping badmitten raquet. Fried him like an egg. It was about 2 inches long and huge. No bumble bee or carpenter bee. Sure wouldn't want to be stung by it. :yay:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Or it was the moth I posted about. :biteme:

Omg.... moth..

Was it the hummingbird moth.... size of a small bird...but looks like a moth...

Omg... I had one come at me a few yrs ago out back... at night time... I called the dogs in and we locked down the fort.... I used a flash light to shine outside and its damn eyes were reflecrive to the light.... I was like WTF..
but its a hummingbird moth