Idiot drivers shouldn't have nice cars

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Railroad said:
Very upsetting indeed. I agree, shouldn't have been sold to an ijit.
If you were a salesman working on comission, would you have turned him down?
This has been a problem in the motorcycle community for quite a while. Somebody buying a high performance sport bike as their first ride. Couple weeks later the bike is wrecked and they're tore up or dead. Read an article a couple of months ago about how this is killing and injuring more Iraq vets than combat.

slotted

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that you had to already own a ferrari before you are eligible to own an Enzo.

MMDad

Lem Putt
slotted said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that you had to already own a ferrari before you are eligible to own an Enzo.
I heard this being discussed on the radio. Apparently you have to have a relationship with the dealer, who then can recommend you to have one. Ferrari then makes the decision on who gets them. They are concerned that stories like this will get out if they sell them to just any idjit.

Hawk

It Wasn't Me
Calif. The red Ferrari, estimated to be worth more than $1 million, was going at least 100 mph when the driver lost control and struck a power pole,

At least 100mph, lol and how fast can that car, i dont know why people buy super fast sports cars in the USA total waste of time with the speed limits, thats why there a german company, no speed limits on the main highways :jameo:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Hawk said:
At least 100mph, lol and how fast can that car, i dont know why people buy super fast sports cars in the USA total waste of time with the speed limits, thats why there a german company, no speed limits on the main highways :jameo:
Italian
and Alll the folks with 4wd SUVs drive off road :lol:

Hawk

It Wasn't Me
Ah dam your right, i wasnt thinking, was too busy thinking about that they should be driven in germany lol not made there, my bad.

Spoiled

Ferrari had requirements for the original owners of the Enzo... They could then resell them... I think they may have relaxed the rules after the first few were sold... I don't think Ferrari turned much of a profit on those cars -- I would also be suprised to see a dealership get one in to sell to just anyone... They did not need to look for people to buy those cars, they have a very high demand. Most of their profit is made from their F1 racing...