If cops are about safety....

RPMDAD

Nothing against LEOS at all but one of the new laws coming in Oct 1 is now primary offense to be pulled over for using a non hands free cell phone while driving. In the name of drivers safety, however LEO's are exempt. Either the state Govt. isn't concerned about the LEO's safety, or while in the academy they get extra training on how to drive a vehicle while holding their phone. Don't get me wrong not complaining at all, i do not use my antique cell phone while driving at all, wait for the next safe pull over to check it out and call back. However the law is suppose to be about safety, with a starting $75.00 fine and going up for each offense.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If cops are not responding to a call, they should obey the speed limit.

I have been driving since 1984 .... I have NEVER Followed a State Trooper on an interstate or a County guy on Local Routes that was doing less then 10 over ....

The Beltway, 95, 495, 395, 66, 270, 70, 81 ....

Rt 42, 11, 55

the ONLY exception was in some podunk town where the limit 25 ....
then they were usually doing 30
and I spent 2 and a half yrs in Colorado Springs ... I never saw it there either

RPMDAD

I have been driving since 1984 .... I have NEVER Followed a State Trooper on an interstate or a County guy on Local Routes that was doing less then 10 over ....

The Beltway, 95, 495, 395, 66, 270, 70, 81 ....

Rt 42, 11, 55

the ONLY exception was in some podunk town where the limit 25 ....
then they were usually doing 30
and I spent 2 and a half yrs in Colorado Springs ... I never saw it there either

Colorado Springs, one of my most favorite places, did multiple TDY's there for a total of about 10 weeks, loved it.

dan0623_2000

Doggy's back end

:killingme

NOBODY ever wanted to dress up in that smelly nasty suit when I worked there 10 years ago. The suit is old, shared between counties and smelled like a dog's ass. :ohwell:

Wow you are the first person I have seen admit to smelling a dog's ass. Must be a cultural thing LOL

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Wow you are the first person I have seen admit to smelling a dog's ass. Must be a cultural thing LOL

Yeah, the culture of having Jack Russells... they tend to be all over the place. :cds:

They will also rub their necks in strange yard crap which is the worst smell ever. :dead:

fatratcat

Why are they constantly speeding everywhere they go?
Don't come back and say they may be on a call. It's just implausible, every time I see a cop speeding they are on a call, and sometimes on the cell phone, although I have not seen the celly deal in a while. Must be handsfree.

You know...I'd just like to go on the record and say "If my house is being burglarized that cop can't drive fast enough!" I demand that cop drive like HELL and ctahc the burglar! BTW- I'm even more liberal on the use of force policy once they catch him. I think you need to get over yourself!

Last edited:

inkah

You know...I'd just like to go on the record and say "If my house is being burglarized that cop can't drive fast enough!" I demand that cop drive like HELL and ctahc the burglar! BTW- I'm even more liberal on the use of force policy once they catch him. I think you need to get over yourself!

good luck with getting a quick response for something so trivial ;)

itsrequired

I know a lot of cops who don't speed. I know a lot of cops who speed. I know a lot of people who aren't cops who speed. I know a lot of people who aren't cops who don't speed.

Why is it if some cops do something, people blame all cops? If a cop were to make that same assumption about people; people would say that cop is a dick.

Pete

Repete
I know a lot of cops who don't speed. I know a lot of cops who speed. I know a lot of people who aren't cops who speed. I know a lot of people who aren't cops who don't speed.

Why is it if some cops do something, people blame all cops? If a cop were to make that same assumption about people; people would say that cop is a dick.

See I have no problem with speeding. I think speed limits are ridiculous in most places. 55 up 235 past Wildewood all the way to Waldorf is dumb. Evidently the police do too because when they are cruising around they don't pay speed any mind. What is irritating is when all of a sudden that which is common place, even by the enforcers becomes something that costs me money for the ticket and increased insurance because Wednesday is "Let's make O'Malley some cash" day..

itsrequired

See I have no problem with speeding. I think speed limits are ridiculous in most places. 55 up 235 past Wildewood all the way to Waldorf is dumb. Evidently the police do too because when they are cruising around they don't pay speed any mind. What is irritating is when all of a sudden that which is common place, even by the enforcers becomes something that costs me money for the ticket and increased insurance because Wednesday is "Let's make O'Malley some cash" day..

Have you ever been pulled over for speeding and given a warning?

Pete

Repete
Have you ever been pulled over for speeding and given a warning?

Sure, once and I have only had 2 tickets in 30 years so I would say that on the scale of aggressive driving or a danger to society I am pretty low on the scale. Like I said the irritating part is the blatant speed traps meant to rake in revenue.

Last ticket was 2 years ago. Around a curve where there is a 10MPH speed reduction from 50 to 40. There they sat, when he came to the car the ticket was already filled out. 50 in a 40, no discussion, no nothing, "Here, sign this" and off he went to get the next one.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Sure, once and I have only had 2 tickets in 30 years so I would say that on the scale of aggressive driving or a danger to society I am pretty low on the scale. Like I said the irritating part is the blatant speed traps meant to rake in revenue.

Last ticket was 2 years ago. Around a curve where there is a 10MPH speed reduction from 50 to 40. There they sat, when he came to the car the ticket was already filled out. 50 in a 40, no discussion, no nothing, "Here, sign this" and off he went to get the next one.

Sounds like

Attachments

• Roscoe P. Coltrane.jpg
    Roscoe P. Coltrane.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 23

itsrequired

There was another thread related to this. As I said then, I don't think cops think about revenue when writing tickets. Stats...yes. Revenue? I have never heard a cop even remotely mention revenue for the state or anyone else when writing a ticket.

Midnightrider

There was another thread related to this. As I said then, I don't think cops think about revenue when writing tickets. Stats...yes. Revenue? I have never heard a cop even remotely mention revenue for the state or anyone else when writing a ticket.

we have no quotas, we just need you to up your "stats"
:killingme